1. Going to the video store when you felt like watching something.
2. Having to rewind the entire film on VHS before being able to watch it.
3. Having to put in a second tape to watch the second half of the movie.
4. And the feeling of helplessness when the tape was irreparably damaged.
5. Sacrificing the internet when someone wanted to make a phone call.
6. Groaning whenever you heard the dial-up tone.
7. And knowing someone in the house could always be listening in on your calls.
8. Flipping through this CD case just to find that one song on that one album.
9. Spending hours crafting the perfect mix CD.
10. And feeling heartbroken when you saw this.
11. Memorising your friends' numbers and having to arrange exactly what time you'd call them.
12. Recording your favourite songs by sitting quietly around a radio.
13. And manually writing out the lyrics to a song by playing it over and over again.
14. Having to let go of a question that's nagging at you because you can't just "google it".
15. Not being able to retake a photo.
16. Not knowing a picture was bad until you got the film developed.
17. And eventually upgrading to taking selfies on your grainy webcam.
Front-facing cameras were a game-changer.
18. Actually having to use a TV guide.
19. The disappointment of seeing this screen.
20. Getting up at a specific time to catch your favourite show.
21. And testing your patience when you had to type using this keyboard.
VHS tapes were never as fancy as cassettes and couldn't be flipped. An earlier version of this post said they could.