Mirror Cake As Made By Duff Goldman
Here's a video that shows you how it's made:
(Chef Duff recommends weighing out ingredients for the best result!)
300 grams (1 cup) glucose (or corn syrup)
200 grams (¾ cups) sweetened condensed milk
300 grams (1 ½ cups) granulated sugar
150 grams (⅔ cup) water
350 grams (2 cups) white chocolate chips
20 grams (2 envelopes) gelatin (plus ½ cup water to bloom)
Food coloring to preference
1 tablespoon titanium dioxide, or bright white food coloring
1. Bloom gelatin by mixing gelatin into cold water and letting it sit for at least 5 minutes.
2. Heat granulated sugar, corn syrup, and water on a stove top to a boil.
3. In a bowl, combine the white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and solidified gelatin.
4. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the chocolate, condensed milk, and gelatin. 5. Cover with a cloth until chocolate is soft, then mix thoroughly until all chocolate is completely melted.
6. Add desired color and titanium dioxide to the hot mixture. Mix until there are no air bubbles.
7. Let mixture cool to 90°F/33°C, then pour over frozen cake.
(This recipe works best on a cake covered in a frozen mousse, but will also work with a cake covered in frozen buttercream frosting.)