1. Mini Upside-Down Banana Cakes
2. Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
5 medium, ripe bananas
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups flour
½ cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 banana, sliced
Vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas.
3. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, and cinnamon, and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
5. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then mix the brown sugar until dissolved.
6. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil.
7. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and divide caramel between the cups of a greased muffin tin.
8. Lay a banana slice in each cup, then fill cups ¾ full with banana batter.
9. Bake 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
10. Serve with vanilla ice cream.