1. Mississippi Roast
2. Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Servings: 6 to 8
1 boneless chuck roast (3 to 4 lbs.)
1/4 cup flour
Salt & pepper to taste
3 Tbsp. canola oil
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp dried dill
1/8 tsp paprika
Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Dredge the chuck roast in flour, salt, and pepper, and massage it into the meat.
2. In a skillet on a very high heat, brown the meat on all sides in the canola oil to create a crust.
3. Transfer the meat to a Crock-Pot and top with butter and pepperoncini.
4. Cover the Crock-Pot and set it to low.
5. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, and paprika until well combined.
6. Spread over the meat, and cook on low for 8 hours.
7. Remove the roast and shred with two forks.
8. Return meat to the Crock-Pot, and stir to mix in the juices. Serve with fresh parsley.
Inspired by the New York Times.