Cheese-Stuffed Breadsticks (Bones) With Marinara Blood
Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
Serves: 3-4 people
1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
9 rectangles of mozzarella cheese, cut off the block
2 Tbsp. melted butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
14 oz crushed tomatoes
1 tsp salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1 sprig of fresh basil
1. Roll out the pizza dough and slice into 9 strips.
2. Place 1 piece of mozzarella cheese towards the bottom of each strip, and fold the top over to meet the bottom. Seal the dough around the cheese by pressing the top and bottom together (make sure it’s SUPER sealed!).
3. Cut a small slit in the top and bottom of each breadstick, and mold it into a bone shape.
4. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle on Italian seasoning, and bake at 350°F/177°C for about 10 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat, and add the minced garlic. Cook garlic for about 1 minute (don’t let it brown), then add the crushed tomatoes, salt, and red pepper flakes.
6. Place 1 sprig of basil on top of the sauce mixture, and let it wilt while the mixture begins to boil.
7. Once it’s at a boil, stir in the basil leaf, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the basil leaf before serving, and top with some fresh basil.
9. Mooohhhhahaha - Enjoy!