8. Join A Band (Or Start It)
To make some serious ruckus — without being reprimanded — start/join a band. Everyone knows you are 100 times cooler if you are old and you can still rock out in a band. In fact, you may make a name for yourself. Leonard Clearwater from the Garden Way Retirement Communities has been in a groovy quartet for 45+ years. This group of communities enjoys the music regularly produced by the quartet.
11. Watch Your Back
Moving into a senior living facility is like going to war: you’re fighting for food, shelter, and survival. People who work at these places are often crazier than you. In addition to watching your back, you should also wash it. Don’t be the guy who smells like Rosie O’ Donnell’s gym towel.
12. Have a Sandwich Eating Competition
No one expects you to have a huge appetite as a senior citizen, but just imagine the respect you’d get after demolishing a 3 ½ foot long sub with no shame about it. This friendly looking Italian chef is making a sandwich in this community in Pharr, Texas.
This post was written in collaboration with Jeremy Endter.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is ramping up outreach to Hispanic voters as it prepares for the final stretch in the run against Trump.
- WhatsApp will start sharing your account info with Facebook. You can decline the new policy, but must opt into it first 📲😵