8. Join A Band (Or Start It)
To make some serious ruckus — without being reprimanded — start/join a band. Everyone knows you are 100 times cooler if you are old and you can still rock out in a band. In fact, you may make a name for yourself. Leonard Clearwater from the Garden Way Retirement Communities has been in a groovy quartet for 45+ years. This group of communities enjoys the music regularly produced by the quartet.
11. Watch Your Back
Moving into a senior living facility is like going to war: you’re fighting for food, shelter, and survival. People who work at these places are often crazier than you. In addition to watching your back, you should also wash it. Don’t be the guy who smells like Rosie O’ Donnell’s gym towel.
12. Have a Sandwich Eating Competition
No one expects you to have a huge appetite as a senior citizen, but just imagine the respect you’d get after demolishing a 3 ½ foot long sub with no shame about it. This friendly looking Italian chef is making a sandwich in this community in Pharr, Texas.
This post was written in collaboration with Jeremy Endter.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Thousands have made it to the Women's March on Washington to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- People are participating in the Women's March today all the way in Antarctica, surrounded by penguins ❄️
- "We shall overcomb." People across America are getting creative and making some pretty epic signs for the Women's March.