Plumbers are there to walk you through the process of diagnosing and fixing your piping and water supply, so...
...rather than looking like this every time you try to repair the bathroom or kitchen:
You look like this:
We know how it is. Sometimes you watch a YouTube video and think you're an expert all of a sudden:
The truth is, there are MANY things that can go wrong when "Do It Yourself-ers" try to tackle plumbing repairs without the supervision of an expert. Here are just a few of them:
1) You try to fix a running toilet but you create a geyser that rivals Old Faithful instead:
2) You realize that you didn't shut the water off before you started making minor adjustments:
3) Of course, sometimes you just can't manage to fit a faucet over the sink, at all:
4) Fixing hot water is not as easy as it looks:
5) Your "guesstimate" of water tubing didn't quite match up, turning your bathroom into a scene from Alice in Wonderland:
6)You try to pump a septic tank and the septic tank ends up pumping you instead:
7) You attempt to fix a clogged up toilet, but instead make your apartment or office building sound like the wet season in the Amazon rain forest:
8) When your drains fail and your entire basement level floods:
9) And finally, kitchen sink and poop.
Congratulations! You are now an expert in knowing what you don't know. Now get out there, and find yourself a real plumber, and relax knowing that whatever is broken, you won't be making it worse.