1. "People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously."
2. "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'"
4. "It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it."
5. "The giving of love is an education in itself."
7. "Friendship with ones self is all important, because without it one can not be friends with anyone else in the world."
8. "Have convictions. Be friendly. Stick to your beliefs as they stick to theirs. Work as hard as they do."
10. "Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness you are able to give."
11. "I believe anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experience behind him."
13. "Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for any reason, turn his back of life."
14. "It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan."
16. "What one has to do usually can be done."
17. "You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."
19. "The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."
20. "You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude."
22. "In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility."
23. "You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give."
25. "Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life."
26. "Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart. Don't be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you."