2 cups cooked white rice
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound ground beef, 80% lean
½ onion, finely chopped
½ cup panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup demi-glace or beef gravy
3 fried eggs
⅓ cup green onions, thinly sliced
1. Press ⅓ cup of rice into the bottom of a greased 1 cup measure, then remove. Repeat with the rice until you have 6 buns.
2. In a pan over medium-high heat, fry the buns until lightly browned on both sides.
3. Set aside on a paper towel.
4. Mix together the the patty ingredients until evenly combined.
5. Form the beef into 3 patties.
6. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
7. Cook the burgers for 3 minutes on the first side, flip, then cook for 6 more minutes.
8. Assemble the burgers with the rice buns, beef gravy, egg, and green onions. scallions.