14 Ridiculously Lavish Celeb Proposals That Made Me Go, "These People Have Too Much Money"
Oh, to be whisked away to a private island to get proposed to...
Celebrities — they're NOT just like us! While some people may choose to go for a grand gesture for their proposal, no normal person can outdo these wildly lavish celeb proposals. Here are some of the most over the top!
1. In perhaps one of the most lavish proposals of all time, Kanye West rented out AT&T Park in San Francisco, had a 50-piece orchestra play Kim Kardashian's favorite Lana Del Rey song, and proposed on a jumbotron with a $4 million ring. The proposal alone cost $3.3 million, and occurred on Kim's birthday.
He also flew in Kim's whole family and her friends to witness the proposal and run out to surprise her afterward. This was broadcast on Kim's show, Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Quick update on the couple, in case you live under a rock: After tying the knot in 2014, Kim recently filed for divorce in 2021.
2. Close behind comes Seal's proposal to supermodel Heidi Klum. In 2004, Seal whisked Heidi away to the Canadian Rockies by helicopter.
He had commissioned an igloo to be built there, and put a bed inside with rose petals and candles everywhere, as well as food and champagne.
The two were married in 2005, but split in 2012.
3. After a short-lived romance in the late 2000s, actor/comedian Russell Brand and singer Katy Perry got engaged in India.
Afterward, Brand revealed that they'd been sitting on an elephant, and that fireworks were involved.
The two married in 2010 in India, and separated about a year later before their divorce was finalized in 2012.
4. Katy has since gotten engaged to actor Orlando Bloom — and his proposal was similarly lavish.
It started pretty casual — Perry met Bloom at an Italian restaurant. But things were quickly elevated when Bloom announced he'd commissioned a helicopter, and he proposed on board. The ring is believed to have cost around $5 million.
They landed at a building where all Katy's friends and family were waiting, along with "the most flowers you've ever seen," according to Katy, who compared it to Kanye's lavish gestures for Kim. The two are not married yet (though some fans think they are), but they did welcome a daughter together in 2020.
5. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise were one of the most iconic couples of the 2000s.
And their proposal wasn't any less iconic. Tom proposed at the Le Jules Verne restaurant inside the Eiffel Tower, which is famously difficult to get a reservation for. Unless, you know, you're Tom Cruise.
6. Nick Cannon's proposal to Mariah Carey started out super low-key — he proposed with a candy ring that contained the real thing — but things stepped up when he decided to do a second proposal.
That's right, folks — one proposal was not enough. After initially proposing with the candy ring, Cannon "kidnapped" Mariah in a helicopter and proposed again with the $2.5 million dollar ring.
The two were married in 2008, but separated in 2014. They have two kids together.
7. Speaking of rings...when Paris Latsis proposed to Paris Hilton, he laid out FIFTEEN rings for her to choose from.
Of course, they were all from brands like Tiffany and Harry Winston. She reportedly chose a close to $5 million ring that was 24 carats.
However, the couple broke off their engagement a few months later, and Paris auctioned the ring off to raise money for people affected by Hurricane Katrina.
9. Ludacris and Eudoxie Agnan, like many others on this list, had an in-flight proposal.
This one took place on a private jet — Ludacris pointed down from the windows and showed Eudoxie that the words "Eudoxie will you marry me" were projected onto the ground below.
Days later, they tied the knot and are still together today. They welcomed their first child in 2015, and their second in 2021.
10. One more private jet proposal...Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen. Tom brought Gisele up on a private jet and surprised her with white roses, champagne, a massive engagement ring, and her parents.
11. After just three dates with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas shut down a Tiffany store to pick out a ring for her.
He then took her to Crete for her birthday, and proposed just after midnight so it would not coincide with her birthday.
The two married in 2018, and are still married today.
This egg has already hatched. Keep looking for easter eggs for a chance to be a winner of our 5 Days of Giveaways!