I'm sure you've heard all about Nice Guys — AKA men who claim to be nice while feeling entitled to female attention and often turning on them when rejected. However, have you ever thought to yourself...what if someone did give one of these Nice Guys a chance?
Maybe the person didn't realize the guy was a Nice Guy, or maybe they thought the guy was actually just nice — but then the Nice Guy revealed their true colors pretty quickly when they demanded sex in exchange for dates or turned toxic and controlling.
It's just another scary and frustrating part of modern dating as a woman (or even just TALKING to guys on dating apps) — especially because these Nice Guys feel even more like they are owed something since you "seemed interested" by speaking to them or dating them. They're also more likely to know more about you and be able to track you down.
Here are 19 Nice Guys who revealed their true colors after talking or briefly dating.
Warning: These messages include bullying as well as racist and sexist language.
1. This woman wanted to take things slow, and this Nice Guy (who she worked with, btw) said he wasn't "strong enough to deal with [his] own sexual feelings" when the two of them cuddled.
2. This woman had to cancel a date because something came up, and her date called her 28 times from five different numbers over the course of an hour.
3. This person matched with a guy on Hinge and had one phone call — ONE — that led to him spamming her from five different phone numbers and sending unsolicited nudes.
4. This person literally went on one date with this man and he already proved himself controlling and creepy.
5. This guy also showed his true colors as a creep after date #1.
6. This woman forgot to reply to a guy from a dating app for a day, and he CAME TO HER HOUSE.
7. This was also after a single date. Note the time and date stamps on these texts.
8. This person texted this Nice Guy for two days. When they politely rejected them, this is how the Nice Guy reacted.
9. After this man was rejected (after a single dinner date), he demanded payment for half. When the woman didn't reply, he found her family online and started demanding the money from them.
10. This Nice Guy actually rejected the woman after a single date — but when the woman agreed, he decided it was no longer okay.
11. This was after a single date.
12. This Nice Guy completely lost it after a board game date because they didn't play the board game he wanted to play.
13. This Nice Guy got a chance with a girl, then decided to go off on her when she said she didn't want to cook him dinner on the first date.
14. This Nice Guy really shot himself in the foot, but I'm glad he did, because this woman dodged a bullet.
15. This Nice Guy decided to go for the classic "you can't take a joke" defense when a woman didn't want to have sex because her mom was in surgery.
16. This Nice Guy took a non-response after a single date and a weird comment as an excuse to be racist.
17. This woman actually started out excited to talk to the guy she'd had a crush on as a teenager, but things went downhill fast when she didn't immediately make plans with him.
18. These two hadn't even gone out yet, and this creep assumed they'd sleep together right away.
19. And finally, this guy hadn't even MET this woman yet and he got angry the Plenty of Fish app showed that she had recently checked it.
This actually went on even past the above messages, and then he started texting her from another number too.
Have you ever dated or started talking to a seemingly nice guy, only to realize he was a toxic creep? Let us know in the comments!