Identical Twins Are Revealing All The Hijinks And Pranks They Pulled Together, And I've Never Wanted An Identical Twin So Badly
Raise your hand if you've wanted an identical twin ever since you saw "Harry Potter."
1. "As a twin, people ask you three questions: 1) 'Oh my god... Are you TWINS???' 2) 'Can you read each other's minds?' ... 3) 'Wow... Have you guys ever switched classes?' My brother and I...have devised a system to deal with the second question."
2. "My twin sister and I used to get asked (ALL THE TIME) if we could read one another's minds. ... We both know the alphabet in sign language. We'd make sure we were sitting in a position that allowed us to see one another's hands. ... We would shut our eyes tightly and put our fingers to our temples as if transmitting the word. ... While they were watching our faces, we would sneakily open our eyes just enough to see what the other person was signing."
3. "I have identical twin cousins. One is very shy and soft-spoken, and the other one is outgoing and not afraid to speak her mind. ... The shy one had a boyfriend years ago, and she found out he cheated on her. She wasn’t brave enough to confront him and dump him, so her sister dressed up as her twin, chewed the guy out, and dumped his ass with flair. He never knew what hit him."
4. "It wasn't a switch, but my brother and I were getting annoyed by this guy, so when he said something about us being twins, we both turned and told him, 'Are you racist? We aren't related. I'm Chinese and he's Japanese.' We managed to get all of our friends to go along with it. To this day, he still thinks we aren't related and feels terrible for mentioning thinking it."
5. "My identical twin brother had a homework assignment...to become an 'expert' on a subject you are not familiar/experienced with over the weekend and present what you know to the class on Monday. ... He stands in front of the class and tells everyone that over the weekend he became an expert on TIME TRAVEL."
6. "My identical twin brother and I were riding a bus back from summer camp. I was sitting mid-bus, and he was in the front. This one girl, after a week of seeing us at camp, finally connects the dots and yells out to the bus, 'Holy crap! You guys look soooo similar! Are you related?!?!' my brother and I quickly make eye contact and we know: The game is on."
7. "My teacher told me this one. His two twin friends from high school did this. ... One of them walked into some fast-food restaurant and bought a burger. As he was about to take a bite out of it, his twin (who hadn't shaved in a week, so he had a bit of a mustache) ran through the door in the same clothes, but they were covered in tin foil...and slapped the burger out of his hand and yelled at him, 'NO, DON'T EAT THAT BURGER. IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE!'"
8. "It was our first day, and nobody at the school knew us yet. We decided to dress exactly identical. And as we were walking into the schoolyard, he walked over to the group of other students. I...hid behind a garbage can at the bottom step of the staircase that conjoined with the staircase that led up to our classroom."
9. "My identical twin sister had a stroke with paralysis (not her face) when we were 31. I went to visit her in rehab, and when she was in the bathroom, the doctor came in and saw me sitting in a chair. When I saw his double take, I said, 'I'm feeling much better!' and asked if I could go home. (We're in our 50s now, and my sister is doing OK.)"
10. "Mr. F. was one of my favorite teachers that year — nice, funny, and made geography fun. However, some days he just seemed off his game. He would kind of keep quiet and give us busy work to complete, while he would sit at his desk and read."
11. "My freshman Spanish teacher had a disease that made it impossible for him to walk. Consequently, he used an electronic cart to get around. Little did the class know that he had a twin brother. Sr. Imposter stood up out of his cart nonchalantly to hand out the grades of the previous quiz, only to sit back down as if nothing happened."
12. "I'll never forget the Reddit story about the brother and sister that looked so much alike that the sister's fiancé met the brother, wondered if he was gay, and the entire engagement fell apart because months later, he had a crush on the brother."
13. "The only big switch we ever did was in the yearbook. We took senior portraits as the other twin and had our combined quote be, 'People always ask us if we switch places to mess with people...' 'Well the answer’s yes.”
14. "One time when I was working as a camp counselor, [my brother] dropped me off at work before a big staff meeting, and I gave him my staff shirt while I hid out in another building."
15. "My friend has a twin, and one time at a bar we frequented that had two levels, a girl pointed out that she had seen a dude who looked just like my buddy down in the basement bar. My buddy immediately starts speaking English with a German accent and asks her to take her to him (his brother)."
16. "My sister had to write a 20-minute speech. ... We brainstormed, and the thing that always bugged her the most during our schooling was how...most people would call us Twin 1 and Twin 2 or by our last name. ... We were really irritated at some people who didn't make the effort in getting to know our names."
17. "I met my husband because I was mistaken for my identical twin. ... Both my mother and my sister had met him and kept joking about how they had found 'the one' for me. My sister, being a super cool heartbreaker of a lesbian, befriended him at our favorite coffee shop. ... One day, he walked in while I was reading by myself."
18. "My great-grandfather had an identical twin brother. ... When the first twin passed away, they had an open casket at the wake for him. ... Before anyone got there, the other twin and some of their closest friends switched out the bodies and took the dead brother next door to the conveniently close Irish pub and drank with him propped up as the other brother filled in for most of the wake."
19. And finally, we'll leave you with a story from Rami Malek about his twin brother taking a class at UCLA:
Got any more hilarious twin switcharoos for us? Let us know in the comments!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length/clarity.