17 Main TV Characters Who Left Their Shows And Made People Say "Good Riddance"
Hasta la vista.
A while back, I rounded up some of the best and worst character departures. Now, I'm back with some new ones nominated by y'all (and a few more from me)! Here are 17 character departures that actually helped the show.
WARNING: Spoilers ahead!
1. Marissa on The O.C.
2. Jess on New Girl
3. Tyler on The Vampire Diaries
4. Duncan on Veronica Mars
5. Derek on Grey's Anatomy
6. Dana on Zoey 101
7. Mutt on Schitt's Creek
8. Laurie and Eric on That '70s Show
9. Jenny on Gossip Girl
10. Coach on New Girl
11. Diane on Cheers
12. Ziva on NCIS
13. Basically all the old characters on Once Upon a Time
14. Sybil on Downton Abbey
15. Elliot on Law & Order: SVU
16. Mandy on The West Wing
17. And finally, Angel on Buffy the Vampire Slayer
What other characters made the show way better by leaving? Let us know in the comments!
Submissions have been edited for length/clarity.