16 Condiments And Seasonings Every Home Cook Probably Needs
Keep these on hand to add huge flavor to your home cooking.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Confession: I am obsessed with condiments. A quick look into my fridge will reveal dozens of sauces, glazes, and spreads that I use all the time when I cook.
Here is a handful of my go-to condiments that I always keep on hand to instantly turn basic home-cooked meals into something that tastes totally gourmet.
1. Soom Foods Pure Ground Sesame Tahini for a creamy, nutty flavor that enhances both sweet and savory recipes.
2. Flatiron Pepper Co 'I Can't Feel My Face' Red Pepper Flakes to add some serious heat to whatever you're cooking.
6. Trader Joe's Chili Onion Crunch, an easy way to add depth and flavor to stir fries, veggies, and meats.
7. Za'atar by Z&Z that gives a zesty, Middle Eastern-inspired flair to fish, chicken, and roasted vegetables.
9. The Truffleist Black Truffle Olive Oil, a drizzle of which instantly turns any simple meal into something that feels fancy.
10. Tiptree Little Scarlet Strawberry Preserve, which tastes like actual fresh strawberries and turns breakfast into a luxurious occasion.
11. Bragg's Nutritional Yeast Seasoning, which imparts a cheesy, salty goodness to pastas, soups, and more.
12. Tutto Calabria Crushed Calabrian Chili Pepper Paste that makes store-bought pasta sauces taste homemade.
14. Bushwick Kitchen Weak Knees Gochujang Sriracha Hot Sauce, a must-have for any Asian-inspired cooking.
15. Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, perfect for sprucing up eggs, toast, savory dips, and more.
Looking for more great finds to elevate your home cooking? Check out the basic kitchen products every home cook should own and products under $15 that'll make cooking at home easier.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.