23 Better-For-You Desserts That Are Sneakily Made With Vegetables
Bye kale salad. Hello avocado ice cream.
1. Avocado Banana Chocolate Pudding
2. Beet Dark Chocolate Scones
Combined with maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil, puréed beets give these dessert scones a slightly sweet flavor and tender inside. Plus, they're awfully pretty. Get the recipe.
3. Chocolate Zucchini Doughnuts
4. Mini Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
5. Gluten-Free, Vegan Lemon Cake
6. Coconut Avocado Popsicles
Blend avocado with honey and coconut milk then freeze the mixutre in popsicle molds. They'll be ready to devour whenever your sweet tooth kicks in. Get the recipe.
7. Sweet Potato Doughnuts With Spiced Sugar
Mashed sweet potatoes are the dough for these bite-sized sweets. They get a flavor kick from cinnamon-sugar, ginger, nutmeg, and cardamom. Get the recipe.
8. Lemon Zucchini Bread
9. No Churn Sweet Potato Ice Cream
10. Cream Cheese Swirled Carrot Bars
11. Root Vegetable Tart Tatin
12. Avocado Key Lime Cheesecake
No cheese here: Just creamy avocado and tangy key lime juice baked into an irresistible crust made of pecans, almonds, and dates. Get the recipe.
13. Carrot and Beet Sorbet
14. Sweet Potato Skillet Brownies
In lieu of oil, this recipe calls for sweet potato purée. Plus, is there anything more satisfying than eating dessert from a cast-iron skillet? Get the recipe.
15. Roasted Sweet Corn Popsicles
16. Sweet Beet Yogurt Bowl with Granola
17. No-Churn Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
18. Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Cookies
19. Ube Swirl Bread
If you've never heard of ube, it's a bright purple yam that's popular in Filipino cooking. In this sweet-and-savory loaf, ube, condensed milk, and coconut milk make a delicious bread filling. Get the recipe.
20. Chocolate and Beetroot Cake
21. Cauliflower Rice Pudding
22. Sweet Corn Creme Brûlée
If you have leftover corn on the cob from your summer BBQ, whip up this five-ingredient recipe. Get the recipe.