Every Potter fan knows that Hufflepuffs get a bad rep.
If you're a Hufflepuff, you have to put up with a lot of haters.
1. But really, Hufflepuff is the best house by far. In the wizarding world and the Muggle world alike, Hufflepuffs are the only ones who aren't dickheads.
2. Case in point: Cedric Diggory.
3. Like when people started sporting "Potter Stinks" badges during the Triwizard Tournament, Cedric asked his friends to stop wearing them.
4. In Harry's fifth year, the Sorting Hat gave some history of the founding of the different houses at Hogwarts. It said a lot about the Hufflepuff philosophy:
Said Slytherin, "We'll teach just those
Whose ancestry's purest."
Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach those whose
Intelligence is surest."
Said Gryffindor, "We'll teach all those
With brave deeds to their name."
Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot
And treat them just the same."
"I'll teach the lot and treat them just the same." Look at that: treating people the same. Isn't that the dream? That isn't embrassing: it's democratic.
It's the popular kid who picks the snot-nosed weirdo for their team in P.E. and makes sure they feel included, even though they know it'll be a ballache. That's real courage.
5. Oh, and this is how the Hufflepuff basement common room is imagined on Pottermore:
6. Also, the common room is right by the kitchens, which of course would get you snacking privileges.
7. Tonks was in Hufflepuff.
8. Also, J.K. Rowling's agent is a Hufflepuff.
9. Needless to say, Hogwarts co-founder Helga Hufflepuff was a total #bosswitch.
10. Speaking of boss witches, Hannah Abbott is another badass Hufflepuff who fought in Dumbledore's Army. Oh...and she also happened to end up with Neville "Definitely Would" Longbottom.
Only a Hufflepuff could tame that man.
11. Hufflepuff has produced the fewest Dark wizards out of any of the houses.
12. Anyone who thinks Hufflepuffs aren't tough has never met a badger.
13. Also, nobody smoulders like a Hufflepuff.
14. The Fat Friar is obviously the best house ghost.
15. Professor Sprout probably grows weed, and she probably shares it with those in need.
17. She explained in that interview how impressive it was that the Hufflepuffs stayed to fight the Battle of Hogwarts:
The Hufflepuffs virtually to a person stay, as do the Gryffindors. Now, the Gryffindors comprise a lot of foolhardy and show-offy people. That's just the way it is. I'm a Gryffindor I'm allowed to say it. You know, there's bravery and there's also showboating, and sometimes the two go together. The Hufflepuffs stayed for a different reason. They weren't trying to show off, they weren't being reckless. That's the essence of Hufflepuff House.
The essence of Hufflepuff House is that they're brave, but don't need a medal for it. They just are.