16 Charitable Gift Ideas For Someone Who Has It All
Shop with these British and international charities to buy your loved ones gifts that make a difference. Because your mum doesn't need another scarf.
2. The Children's Society has some wonderful gift ideas to support vulnerable British children this Christmas.
3. Oxfam Unwrapped has 31 different charitable gifts to buy this year, each of which support Oxfam's various international development projects.
4. The British Heart Foundation's online shop sells everything from Christmas cards to diaries to recipe books to cycling gear and skipping ropes – gifts that support the charity, and even help keep your heart healthy.
7. World Vision's Must Have Gifts has an online charity shop with more than 40 gifts with which to donate.
9. Save the Children has a "Wish List" with everything from medical supplies to textbooks to seeds – so you can choose something on behalf of the doctor, educator, or gardener in your life.
10. The Good Gifts website has a huge catalogue of charitable gifts on offer for all prices and interests.
13. The Cancer Research UK online shop can provide you with all your Christmas shopping needs, from cards to gifts to wrapping paper to Christmas crackers – with 100% of profits aiding cancer research.
15. Greenpeace has plenty of, shall we say, unique gift options for the environmentalist in your life.
16. While doing your Christmas shopping, download the Free2Work app on your smartphone, which "provides consumers with information on forced and child labor for the brands and products they love" with a simple scan of a barcode.
Of course, you can always make a gift out of donating to any charity in someone's name, even if they don't have a scheme like the gifts above.
We suggest the British housing and homelessness charity Shelter; the Mental Health Foundation – the UK's leading research, policy and service improvement charity; these local Liberian organisations working on Ebola and other health issues on the ground; the Disasters Emergency Committee's Syria Crisis Appeal or the UNHCR's Syrian refugee support fund; Partners in Health, who work to combat a wide range of diseases from ebola to HIV/AIDS to mental illness; or make GiftAid-eligible donations through a partnership between Giving What We Can and GiveWell aimed at donating the money of UK citizens to the best-performing charities in the world.