1. "Adorn" wooden hair clip by Rachel Stewart, $20
2. The Wrap Life headwraps, $22-25
3. LipBar holiday lipsticks, $13 each
4. Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person by Shonda Rhimes, $14.83
Rhimes, the genius behind Scandal, Grey's Anatomy, and How To Get Away With Murder, is at once brilliant and accessible. The showrunner's memoir explores her journey and lessons learned along the way.
5. Mudcloth leggings, $48
6. Sab Rena iPad and laptop skins, $20-30
7. Nubian Skin lingerie, $16-60
8. Apanaki Tamayo throw pillows, $27 each
9. The 12 Months of Melanin calendar, $10
10. The "Uzo" Bangle Stack, $19.99
11. Redefining Realness: My Path To Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More by Janet Mock, $12.45
12. "Black Card Revoked" card game, $14
13. Essence BeautyBox subscription, $15/month
14. Citizen: An American Lyric by Claudia Rankine, $11.22
Rankine's critically-acclaimed text marries prose and poetry, offering one of the most searing criticisms and depictions of American racism. You may also recognize Citizen as the book being read by the national hero in this Vine from a Donald Trump rally.