19 Weddings That Got Derailed In The Worst Possible Ways
"The best man proposed to the maid of honor. The bride and groom did NOT know this was going to happen."
A person's wedding day is incredibly special and important. Lots of time, money, and stress can go into making sure everything is perfect. But there are some situations that you really can't plan for.
1. "I was an attendant in my best friend's wedding. Her father walked her down the aisle, and while he was not visibly drunk, he had a hard time walking behind her to take his seat. He stepped on her dress, ripping it from her back and down to her ass, which revealed her red thong. They had to stop the wedding so that she could find safety pins."
2. "During the best man speech, the best man proposed to the maid of honor. It totally stole the night from the bride and groom. Now the best man and maid of honor are in the process of divorcing. The bride and groom did NOT know this was going to happen. No one did."
3. "There were four separate fistfights, and the bride was involved in two of them. She threw the first punch in the second fight."
4. "There was an 8-year-old boy who had loads of confetti in his hand. Turns out he thought it was sugar paper, ate all of it, and then proceeded to projectile vomit everywhere through the middle of the ceremony. It was one of the funniest and most disgusting moments of my life."
5. "I was at a wedding where one of the bridesmaids had gotten married a month earlier and thought it was a good idea to change out of her dress and into her wedding dress for the reception. The rest of us in the wedding party told her to change back. She decided to stand at the head of the buffet line and tell each and every one of us how she really felt about us. Booze was involved, so you can imagine how it went. She refused to change out of her wedding dress until one of the other bridesmaids locked her in the bathroom and told her to change or it was going to get physical. She changed and left not long after. The rest of the reception was a fantastic time."
6. "During his speech, the (divorced) father of the groom started going on and on about how much better his new wife was compared with his old wife."
7. "The sister of the bride, who wasn't invited, showed up drunk and got in a fight with the bride until the father of the bride broke it up by putting the sister in a chokehold and dragging her out of the venue. The bride was surprisingly fine afterward."
8. "My mother-in-law handed out my new sister-in-law's EP to as many guests as she could and threw a fit in the middle of the dance floor later that night because I didn’t let her daughter sing with the band. Her exact words were, 'How dare you make today all about you.' It was MY wedding day."
9. "I worked weddings for a living and once saw the best man get loaded, give a speech, profess his love for the bride, and say how they had slept together two nights prior."
10. "The bride never showed up. My cousin was the groom and had about 500 people in attendance. He got on the mic and said there was no bride. We had the party anyway. He married someone else two years later."
11. "Someone bit the DJ because he refused to play a certain song."
12. "The groom was drinking heavily, and by the time the cake was supposed to be cut, he was passed out at the back of the room. The bride was crying hysterically. Her dad stepped in and cut the cake with her."
13. "The bride's stepmother and mother got into a fight. The stepmother bit the mother. The wedding came to a screeching halt."
14. "For the bouquet toss, a middle-aged guy forced his middle-aged girlfriend out onto the floor, then stood by her so she couldn't leave. The bouquet was caught by an excited little girl. The guy proceeded to yank the bouquet out of the little girl's hands, give it to his middle-aged girlfriend, and then run off the floor cheering loudly and high-fiving one of his buddies. The little girl ran away crying."
15. "An ex-boyfriend of the bride got super drunk at the reception and started rambling loudly about how the marriage was wrong and how she was the love of his life. He was there with his new (and soon-to-be ex-) girlfriend."
16. "My brother and sister-in-law thought it would be fun to have their dogs walked down the aisle after their flower girl spread the flower petals. The dogs thought that midway down the aisle was the perfect place for a shitting photo op on the white runner."
17. "At the reception, the bride received a tip to go out to the parking lot, where she found her new husband making out with his ex-girlfriend. The ensuing fight came inside the hall and the party screeched to a halt."
18. "I went to my cousin's wedding, where the groom and groomsmen wore tuxedo T-shirts. When it was time for the groom to say 'I do,' he said, 'Aww shit, I guess.' Shortly after eating, he and his friends proceeded to light the trash on fire and shoot clay pigeons behind the house."
19. Finally: "I saw the bride and groom get in a huge argument where the bride produced their actual marriage license and set it on fire in front of the entire reception. Good times."
What's the wildest mishap you've ever seen at a wedding? Share your story in the comments!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.