Hotel Staff Are Revealing The Worst Things They've Found Left Behind In Rooms, And I'm Speechless
"The floor was covered in dead bugs."
People who work in hotels see a lot. With guests constantly checking in and out, the staff are left to deal with whatever strange messes their visitors decide to leave behind.
1. "A bear. A lot had to happen for this to occur. A guest unloaded his motorcycle from his truck and left the ramp down. This was right outside a first-floor room with a balcony. The guest that was staying in said room had ordered room service, left it uncovered, left the balcony door open, and went to the pool. The guest returned to their room, then promptly went down to reception and reported there was a bear in their room. Puzzled, we quietly approached the room and slowly opened the door. Lo and behold, there was a bear eating room service and making a mess. We called Parks Canada to deal with it."
2. "Fucking broccoli. Everywhere. In the bed, the tub, the toilet, the drawers. It was even ground into the carpet. No clue why."
3. "I used to work in the laundry, and one day my housekeeper friend came and got me to look in a room. Apparently someone had a lime Jell-O bath in the jacuzzi tub. They had to get it professionally cleaned and taken apart because the Jell-O was inside the jets."
4. "Three guys in one room left ALL their windows open and all the lights on overnight in the summer. I have never seen so many different bugs flying around a room — it was terrifying. We ran in spraying bug killer like our lives depended on it, then ran out and left the room for an hour. We came back to a floor that was almost black with dead bugs. I can still hear the crunching."
5. "I was in housekeeping for a while and a coworker of mine found poop in a condom tied to the microwave door."
6. "An entire pizza — and not a single slice of it in the box. The first red flag was the slice of pizza smeared all over the TV. Then we saw two slices side by side on the floor like they'd worn them as slippers and dragged their feet across the floor. Then, we found one slice in the dresser, one in the nightstand, one in the sheets, and one in the bathroom sink. As I was doing the final check after cleaning the room, it still smelled like pizza. I flicked the lamp on to look for the final slice. I finally found it — inside the lamp shade. This individual had smeared the last slice on the inside of the shade."
7. "My dad works for a hotel and told me they had an older couple complain about hearing movement in their room at night. They didn't know what to say and assumed they were just hearing things, but later they found clothes and shoes in the cupboard under the sink. Apparently a person was staying in the cupboard and would go use the bathroom when he thought the guests were asleep."
8. "Someone pooped in the nightstand. It had been there long enough to dry out, so it took nearly an hour to scrub it clean. Another room had bloody menstrual pads stuck all over the walls at random."
9. "When my mum worked as a cleaner in a hotel, she found a whole fried egg under the bed sheets."
10. "Someone had pooped on the pillow and left a note saying 'All the best with that.' Hotel fined the dude £450."
11. "It was a family gathering and kid's birthday party. The adults were getting shit-faced while the kids were in the presidential suite raising hell. They had decided to have a fully-stocked ice cream bar and allowed the kids to do what they wanted with it. There were M&M's crushed into the carpet, chocolate footprints on the walls, whipped cream fucking everywhere, and fruit punch spilled on the bed. In total we had to charge them about $7,000 in damages, which they took to court because they thought the cleanup would be included."
12. "Our hotel allowed dogs and even had a whole floor reserved for people traveling with pets. This family came, refused housekeeping service for a couple of days, then checked out. I got a call from housekeeping asking me to document something, so I went up to the room. The family had hidden a dog in their room. They didn't want to take it out of the room, so they had it climb on top of the AC unit and shit into the vents. The entire unit was full of dog shit. They also had the dog piss in the space between the AC unit and the bed. They had slept in that room for three nights — two adults, three children, and I'm guessing a large, healthy dog."
13. "Baby gator in the bathtub."
14. "Dirty diapers and birthday cake were smashed into the walls. People get really shitty when you have to kick them out for trying to have a party."
15. Finally: "I was a room inspector and discovered a guest had decided to marinate a whole pig in their tub with gallons of wine, pineapples, and garlic."
What's the wildest thing you've ever found left behind in a hotel room? Drop your story in the comments below!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.