We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us which popular celebrities give them bad vibes. Some of the responses are pretty funny, some make A LOT of sense, and others are low-key upsetting (and I can't help but get a little defensive over the celebs I personally like). So yeah, it's about to get a little controversial in here. Let's see if you agree with these hot takes.
1. "Post-Parks and Recreation Chris Pratt. Once he got into the action star roles, something was missing. It seems like he's got a huge ego, but tries to play it off like he’s still the same guy he always was. The goofy, screw-up thing worked in the past, but now, it’s like he’s still trying to do that while taking himself too seriously, and it just doesn’t land."
2. "Reese Witherspoon! I don't know why exactly, but I just get these vibes from her that tell me she's probably not a very nice person. I'm not sure how to describe it. I like to think I'm a pretty good judge of character, and something about her just doesn't sit right with me."
3. "Liam Hemsworth. Can't explain why. Like, I totally agree he's very good-looking and all, but at the same time, I'd hate to be stuck in a car with him for a long trip."
4. "Bobby Flay. Every Food Network fan I talk to seems to worship the potato peels he leaves behind, but personally, I find him arrogant and completely unlikable. He comes off as the type of celebrity that would walk if his name wasn't big enough on a benefit poster or if he wasn't promised a win in a cooking battle for charity."
5. "I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this, but...Mindy Kaling. Every character she plays/writes seems to be an insufferable person, e.g. Kelly Kapoor, Mindy Lahiri, and Devi Vishwakumar."
6. "Neil Patrick Harris strikes me as pretty holier-than-thou. I have not and will not forgive him for the Amy Winehouse cake, nor the way he treated Rachel Bloom when he absolutely should have known better. I just get icky vibes from him."
7. "Tom Brady. Sure, he's a great quarterback, but I get creepy vibes up and down my spine when I see pictures or video of him. I just don't get a nice feeling when I look at him, and I don't know why."
8. "For me, it's Henry Cavill. I used to like him a lot, and he is the best Superman, but for some reason, these past few years, I have started to feel like he's not that great behind the scenes. IDK, it's just a feeling."
9. "Miles Teller. He got into that fight in Hawaii, refused to get the COVID vaccine, and then, surprise, got COVID and shut down the set of a movie because of it. Also, the mustache doesn't help either. He gives off frat bro vibes."
11. "Beyoncé. I'm sorry, but since breaking away from Destiny's Child, I've had zero desire to hear her music. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate her stuff — I just don't care for it. Yes, her songs are catchy. But, by choice, I have no interest in hearing her music. It doesn't have the same heart behind it that it did when she was part of a group. Now, it's more of a money-driven enterprise than an artistic sound. I don't dislike her, and I don't have an opinion on her as a person, but as a musician, I'm rather sad she went for quantity rather than quality. That's all."
12. "Definitely all the Kardashians/Jenners and also Kanye 'Ye' West, but thankfully, most people realize how awful he is now. I’ll never understand how he still has fans."
13. "Tom Cruise. He has gotten increasingly creepy over the years (especially when it comes to his romantic life and Scientology beliefs), but people still love him and go to his movies in droves. I just don't get it."
14. "Perez Hilton. The way he would drag people out of the closet before they were ready to come out, him stirring the pot between Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera leading to a feud, and other things he has done just give me a major ick. And now, he thinks he’s a celebrity and is on the same level as the people he used to talk mess about!"
15. "Ryan Reynolds. I know! I’m sorry! There’s just something about him that feels disingenuous."
16. "Taylor Swift! By all accounts, she's a lovely person. But I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop — someone to say she bullied them or cheated them out of money. There's something nefarious, for sure!"
17. "He's more just annoying to me than unsettling, but Harry Styles. I’m sick of seeing him everywhere and hearing about him, and I don’t get the hype at all. His music is mediocre, and I’m sure he’s a decent guy, but he just doesn’t appeal to me whatsoever, and I find him really overrated."
18. "Mel Gibson absolutely gives me narcissism and uncontrolled anger vibes. He seems like the kind of guy who would fly off the handle unprovoked and gaslight everyone around him about it later."
19. "Oprah. Completely fake and out-of-touch."
20. "I don’t even have a reason, but Yung Gravy unsettles me. Like, a light, blood-curdling fear. He’s probably cool, though."
21. "Drake. His vibes are RANCID. His lyrics sound like the kind of stuff I wrote in my diary in fifth grade, and it’s so full of red flags that I can’t imagine why anyone would want a relationship with him. He comes across as a whiny, crybaby man-child, yet everyone still goes WILD for his music. It’s baffling to me."
22. "Mariah Carey. Bad vibes. She has a diva persona, and it seems like she shades a lot of people and cannot get along with anyone (ex. her feud with Nicki Minaj on American Idol)."
23. "Jim Carrey. Something about him in Liar Liar sealed the deal for me. I feel like he would kill me with that giant smile on his face."
24. "Bruno Mars. His music is super mediocre, and every time I think of him, I think of that music video with the monkey masks, and I get shivers down my spine."
25. "Tom Hanks. I’ve felt this way since I was a child, and I’m 33 now. You know when you see someone and they make your skin crawl and you can’t explain it? My mother loves him and would watch his movies all the time. I would have to immediately leave the room if she turned one on because it made me sick to my stomach."
26. "I’m honestly not a Leonardo DiCaprio fan. Something about him just screams 'red flag.' Maybe it’s the girls he dates that are half his age."
27. "Candace Cameron Bure. Yuck, just yuck. Her social media sharing is not reflective of her pro-God lifestyle. The showing off is just gross. She is terribly unlikeable IMO and very holier-than-thou."
28. "I don’t know why, but John Krasinski rubs me the wrong way. His voice is so…millennial."
29. "I cannot stand Ed Sheeran. There is no reason. I saw him open for Taylor Swift in my childhood. My bones recoil into themselves when I hear his songs. I simply can’t handle it."
30. "Adam Levine. That guy tries to be a personality, but he is fake and moody. I really dislike him. Then, one of his songs will come on, and I'll listen to it because it's very good, but afterwards, I go back to hating him again."
Wellppp, there ya have it, folks! I'd say that's a pretty polarizing list. Do you strongly agree or disagree with any of the celebs on this list? Is there one we missed that you want to discuss? Let us know in the comments!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.