We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community what film scenes portrayed women so unrealistically, they had to have been written by men. These are the movie moments that made them say "yikes!"
1. When Clare kissed Bender in The Breakfast Club.
2. The many, many sex scenes in Blue Is The Warmest Colour.
3. The random masturbation scene in Iron Jawed Angels, a film about the suffragette movement.
4. The pool scene in Wild Things.
5. Not just a moment, but Sharon Tate's entire appearance in Once Up A Time In Hollywood.
6. The anal scene at the end of Kingsman.
7. When it was implied that older women need to use bigger tampons in Blended.
8. When Beverly, a child, flirted with the old pharmacist so the boys could steal supplies from the shop in It.
9. The fact that Dominika managed to successfully dye her hair from dark brown to platinum blonde using one box of hair dye in Red Sparrow.
10. When it was revealed that Kate had a girlfriend, but she then kissed Peter at the end of Dodgeball.
11. Most of Showgirls, including the random kiss between Nomi and Cristal.
12. When Natasha compared being unable to have kids to being a monster in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
13. Mark's grand "romantic" gesture in Love, Actually.
14. Wonder Woman's impractical outfit in Justice League.
15. And on a similar subject, Harley Quinn's booty shorts in Suicide Squad.
16. The entire plot of The Tomorrow Man, which is essentially a man stalking a woman until he dates her.
17. When Leia became Jabba the Hut's bikini-clad slave in Return Of The Jedi.
18. The casual statutory rape between a teacher and her student in That's My Boy.
Submissions have been edited for length/clarity.