We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community which scenes from their favourite comedies made them surprisingly emotional. Here's what they said.
1. When Jim told Pam he loved her and she rejected him in The Office.
2. When Rosa's parents didn't accept her after she came out in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
3. When Will was let down by his dad once again in The Fresh Prince.
4. When Chandler proposed to Monica in Friends.
5. When Schmidt proposes to CeCe and it flashed back to the first time they met in New Girl.
6. When Schneider battled his alcoholism in One day at a Time.
7. When Leslie won the city council seat in Parks and Recreation.
8. When Doctor Cox went to Ben's funeral in Scrubs.
9. When Bart failed his exam (after really trying) in The Simpsons.
10. When Sheldon gave his Nobel acceptance speech in The Big Bang Theory.
11. When Fry's dog waited for him forever in Futurama.
12. When Robin was told she couldn't bear children in How I Met Your Mother.
13. When Terry was racially profiled in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
14. When Phoebe said goodbye to the triplets in Friends.
15. When Chidi's memory was wiped in The Good Place.
16. When Ron told Leslie he was upset with her because she let him down in Parks and Recreation.
17. When Rebecca was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
18. When Marshall's dad died in How I Met Your Mother.
19. When no one went to Sheldon's Nobel Prize party in Young Sheldon.
20. When Selina betrayed Gary at the end of Veep.
21. When Mac used dance to come out to his dad in Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
22. When Mindy found out she was ~the other woman~ in The Mindy Project.
23. When Carlton learned about racial profiling in The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.
24. And the final episode of Blackadder Goes Forth.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.