1. When ordering multiple items on sites like Amazon, select the option to have them packaged together.
2. Instead of buying physical copies of books and magazines, download them instead.
3. If you have periods, switch from using tampons to a menstrual cup.
4. And if you shave, try switching to a safety razor with reusable blades.
5. Use reusable cloth napkins instead of paper towels.
6. Cut down on plastic packaging by switching from shower gels to bar soap.
7. And If you have a little one, try using cloth baby wipes and washable nappies.
8. Upcycle your old clothes as a way of refreshing your wardrobe.
9. And on your next shopping spree, try buying second-hand clothes at thrift stores.
10. Put a recycling bin in your bathroom as well as in your kitchen.
11. Reuse any plastic bags as garbage bags.
12. When ordering takeout, request that the meal doesn't come with plastic utensils or paper napkins.
13. And if you're into cooking, keep a small herb garden in your kitchen.
14. Drink tap water instead of buying bottled water.
15. And if you're fussy about the taste of tap water, invest in a reusable filter.
16. Switch to eating one vegetarian or vegan meal a day.
17. Where you can, buy fresh produce from your local markets or greengrocer.
18. And finally, try making your own cleaning products using ingredients from your own kitchen.
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.