10. Don't try to braise short ribs in less than 3 hours.
9. Don't be a one trick pony.
8. Be sure you have a dessert recipe that won't flop.
7. Truffles are probably not the answer.
6. Remember how to count.
5. If you haven't used a pressure cooker recently, don't start now.
4. Don't get talked into being Front of House for Restaurant Wars.
3. Beware of the Birthday Curse.
2. Avoid making risotto at all costs.
1. Never disappoint Tom.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!