1. You move back in with your parents in a desperate bid to save quicker.
2. Or suffer living in a house-share with your partner...and six other people.
3. Everything suddenly becomes super expensive.
4. You find yourself taking a year off from the "Ibiza" holidays.
5. And now, you have a slight apprehension whenever you're asked to go to the pub.
6. If you do go, nights out tend to end around 10pm.
7. And you dread hearing, “Shall we get rounds?”
8. To help the saving effort, you consider the merits of cycling into work.
9. Or even jogging!
10. You gain a whole new appreciation for property TV shows.
11. And it's the first time you've ever taken an interest in geography.
12. You spend a lot of time window shopping online for homes you really can't afford.
13. You select a location where your eventual dream house will be.
14. Except even when you're daydreaming, that location is unrealistic.
15. And you quickly realise you’ll have to take things off your dream house checklist.
16. You now know what stamp duty is.
17. Property search apps are suddenly Flappy Bird levels of addictive.
18. And you FINALLY understand the plight of every single couple on Location, Location, Location, who always seem totally shocked at the suggestion they're going to have to compromise on something.
Saving for a house can be pretty miserable at times, but luckily the Halifax could help you out.
The Halifax's new Help to Buy: ISA could give you the help you need to step onto the property ladder.
Available to UK residents, 16 years or over who are saving to buy their first home. ISA limits and rules apply.