Hi shoppers! At this point, it's likely that some gifts may not arrive in time for 6/18: it all depends on the retailer, the item, where you live, and how much $$$ you're willing to spend on expedited shipping.
So please enjoy our gift ideas, but understand that, for many of these items, you'll have to simply let your loved one know that their gift may be arriving *later*.
1. An MVP mug warmer so they can take their leeeeisurely time drinking their bev of choice while it stays the perfect drinking temperature throughout the whole day.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Jenae Sitzes has this and loves it: "After seeing this coffee warmer all over BuzzFeed Shopping and even gifting my dad one for Christmas (BTW, he loved it and now my mom wants one too), I finally decided to buy one for myself. Based on all the reviews, I was pretty confident I'd soon be kicking myself for not getting it sooner, and that proved to be true: This thing not only looks good, but works great for keeping my coffee warm all day long (because yes, I'm one of those people that'll sip on coffee until 5 p.m., all right!!). I was kind of worried it'd be too small for some of my larger mugs, but the center plate is bigger than expected and accommodated every mug in my (very eclectic) collection perfectly. I can confirm that flat-bottomed mugs are the best option for using with this warmer as they do stay hotter, but it still keeps my concave-bottom mugs warm enough for my taste. Also, I looove how sleek the white version looks on my white desk, and the auto-shutoff function is a nice safety feature as an absent-minded person."
Get it from Amazon for $20.79+ (available in eight styles).
2. A gift book of prompts for you to personalize with why you love your dad. Fill it in before gifting it, and they're sure to treasure it.
Promising review: "I saw this and took a chance on it, thinking it would be a cute thing to do for my dad's 70th birthday. Book was smaller than I was thinking, but it's a cute size that sits well nicely displayed front and center on a shelf. I took the advice of another reviewer and typed out each question in a Word document and looked at them as a whole when I went to do them so that my answers weren't repetitive. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to answer these questions. After my dad was finished reading, he looked at me with tears in his eyes and told me it was the best present he's ever gotten. I was expecting it to be a cute present. I did NOT expect that reaction. I'm about to buy one for my mom's birthday. ;-)" —J. M. Brister
Get it from Amazon for $15.93.
3. A durable, soft portable hammock so they can hang out in the sunshine, breathe in the fresh air, and live their best life whether in their backyard or camping. Drink, book, or second person optional — or even their favorite child, the dog!
It supports up to 400 pounds and comes with two 9-foot hanging straps and two carabiners.
Promising review: "The best hammock EVER! It comes with a stuff sack that is EASY to stuff it into, and which doubles as a drink holder when the hammock is in use. It also comes with strong straps. I received it as a gift, I use it at home in my yard, and camping — it is the single best gift I've ever received. Just bought two to give as a wedding present. Wise Owl is *excellent* quality, and it comes in so many color combinations to match your personality. Terrific value, quality, and just doggone fun!" —kk
Get it from Amazon for $39.95+ (available in two sizes and in 15 colors).
4. A T-shirt with a racetrack on the back, so dads with young ones can lie on the ground and take an open-eye nap while entertaining and delighting the kiddos.
Promising review: "Out of all the barbecue and grill products he got for Father’s Day, this was his favorite gift. He gets so many comments on it when we’re out!" —Ashley
Tstars is a small biz that makes novelty tees.
Get it from Amazon for $18.95+ (available in men's sizes S–5XL and three colors).
5. An ingenious pair of gardening gloves if they're devoted gardeners. These gloves have claws at the end to make digging into soil approximately (*checks calculator*) one thousand times easier for them (and way more fun) than using bare hands or regular gloves.
Promising review: "I bought these gloves for my mom and she absolutely loves them. She has told several people about them and has said how easy its been picking up leaves, weeds, or flowers while gardening." —Jacqueline Landsaw
Get it from Amazon for $7.95+ (available in two colors and as a pack of two).
6. A Wallet Ninja with 18 different functions (!) that's small enough to fit in their pocket. Glasses break and need a screwdriver? Got it. Need to crack open a beer? Can do. Want to hold their phone up so they can watch TV while waiting for dinner to cook? Done, done, and done.
The card includes an eyeglass screwdriver, letter opener, nail puller, ruler, bottle opener, can opener, box opener, cellphone stand, hex-head nut and bolts, screwdrivers, and a fruit peeler. Reviewers said it is TSA-approved, but some had to remove it from their bag and put it on the belt by itself just to be safe.
Get it from Amazon for $14.98 (also available in packs of two, three, and five).
7. A pair of glowing light saber chopsticks so they can practice their Jedi skills — or just make mealtime way more fun (and intergalactic).
They're BPA-free with LED lights. They come with batteries so they'll be ready to go as soon as they're opened!
BuzzFeed Shopping writer Emma Lord writes: "As you can see from the above GIF, I bought these for myself, and I love them to pieces. TBH, I use them as decor every bit as much as I use them to eat. Sometimes I just keep them in my work area to light them up during the day to feel fancy. They toggle back and forth between a bunch of different colors, like red, blue, yellow, purple, and multicolor, so you can either make them match *or* have a red and blue one together and bring ~balance~ to The Force."
Promising review: "The chopsticks are very durable, and the glow is bright. They're a bit bigger than I expected — but very pleased nonetheless with the product because it serves the purpose and is entertaining for kids, right up to adult Star Wars nerds. It also made the perfect gift for my fellow Star Wars nerds. I've been too busy playing with them rather than using them to eat food — but hopefully, that will eventually happen before the batteries need changing." —Anthony
Get a set of two from Amazon for $12.97.
8. A short-sleeve button-down with extra fun graphics if they love fun and funny fashion.
Reviewers recommend sizing up.
Prime members: You can try before you buy!
Promising review: "Bought this for my husband for our recent trip to Hawaii. He loved it! We are back now, and this is the first shirt he reaches for after every wash!" —Something Blue
Molokai Surf is a California-based, Armenian-owned swimwear and apparel company.
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in men's sizes S–4XL and in 74 designs).
9. Simply a pair of cushioned puppy slippers that are an amazing AND hilarious gift for dog lovers. Bonus points if the slippers match the breed of the dog they own!
The slippers also have traction dotes on their soles to prevent slipping!
Promising review: "Picture perfect gift idea for the laborador lover(s) in your life! I purchased these slippers on a whim for my wife and daughters and they were VERY well appreciated. They definitely exceeded our expectations. The slippers are surprisingly durable, comfortable to walk in, and of course disarmingly cute. True to size, as well. The challenge now will be to keep them away from our own black lab, who apparently believes they are long lost siblings and rivals to her throne. 5 stars." —M.J.Lawicki
Get them from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in seven dog breeds).
10. A hilarious little screaming goat — give him a press, and he'll let out a bleaaaaaty scream that's guaranteed to be both cathartic and, simply, a very good time.
It comes with the infamous goat and a small book with fun facts about goats. The goat is 3 inches tall and comes with a battery already inside.
Promising reviews: "I got this for my husband as a last-minute Christmas gift and it is absolutely perfect! The scream is hilarious and it makes us (and the kids) giggle whenever the button gets pushed. It’s small and can fit on your desk or nightstand. And it comes with a little book about goats. Excellent product!" —Kristan A.
"I spend about 90% of my day silently screaming at the computer because, well, welcome to customer service. [Now] I just push the little goat. He screams (but not in a disruptive way). I smile. I am no longer annoyed." —Gab
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
11. A glare-free, waterproof Kindle Paperwhite whose ability to hold *literally* thousands of books without any added weight or bulk will change the game for your bookworm. They can take it on the go without ever having to choose between multiple books, which even physical book–loving readers will love.
The Kindle also may be even easier on their eyes, with adjustable text sizing, fonts, and layouts, plus a warm light setting so their eyes never hurt from reading (and their circadian rhythm won't get thrown off before bed). Its charge lasts weeks (plural!), and since it's waterproof, they can take it in the bathtub or pool.
As a previously longtime skeptic of e-reading, I finally decided to buy a Kindle — and it has, no exaggeration, revolutionized my life. I love mine for so many reasons — it's truly helped me incorporate my love of reading into my often hectic life, and all my titles literally live inside of this half-pound wonder gadget, so I can switch between books super easily. I only wish I hadn't waited so long to take the plunge. BTW, I'm also obsessed with the Libby app, which allows you to check out e-books from your local library on your Kindle!
Get it from Amazon for $139.99+ (available in three colors, with or without lockscreen ads, an 8GB or 16GB version, and with 3 free months of Kindle Unlimited).
12. Or a Kindle/iPad remote control page turner if they already own and love their Kindle. This makes turning pages as easy as if they were reading a paper book, so they can get fully engrossed in their reading without having to *constantly* lifting their entire hand to turn the screen page.
Check out a TikTok of the remote page turner in action.
Psst — A lot of reviewers like to pair this with a gooseneck tablet holder so it'll stay upright in front of them without having to hold it!
Promising review: "This product makes reading so damn convenient. It’s so easy to hold, you can strap it onto your wrist so you don’t misplace it when using it. So far the battery life has been spectacular. I just mirror my iPad screen to my TV and make the font size hysterically large and get under my covers and just click away. I don’t have to move a muscle. I don’t know why I didn’t buy this sooner. I’m so obsessed. This is a must have for anyone who reads from a Kindle or iPad. Just cocoon yourself under your blankets and enjoy your book without having to stick a hand out into the cold to turn the page. It sounds lazy but trust me once you have a clicker, you won’t know what to do without one." —Jessica
Get it from Amazon for $32.99.