14 Things That Happen When You're A Long-Distance Aunty
"Just tell them that I'll be home to visit soon. And that I miss them. Every day."
1. Your life basically becomes a constant countdown to when you get to see your niece or nephew next.
2. And Snapchat becomes your most used app.
"Hi. Where is my photo today? Need it ASAP."
3. When you do finally see them, your camera roll gets completely taken over.
4. And you no longer make any plans with anyone else when visiting the place where they live.
"Sorry everyone, I'm only here for the kid."
5. Sometimes you need to remind yourself to also check in on your brother and sister, as well as their offspring.
6. If a stranger looked at your phone they'd be forgiven for assuming that you were a parent.
7. You latch on to anyone who shows interest in receiving constant child updates.
8. You spend a fortune posting presents to them, while praying they haven't changed clothing size since you last saw them.
9. And you constantly have to resist the urge to buy aunt-themed crap.
Though you might have given in to the urge a couple of times...