1. Celeste and Jesse Forever came out in 2012 and since then has remained the most underrated, best break-up film, ever.
At first glance, this movie might seem like your typical lovers-become-friends heart-hurting Rom-Com (for lack of a better, more cliche genre), and essentially, it is.
Except that it isn’t. Because it’s so much more than that.
3. Rashida Jones is in it too. She plays Celeste. (Jesse’s ex-wife, if you didn’t already guess.)
Beyond playing a female character who has somehow managed to be a total babe while still managing the best career of anyone in the movie, Rashida is the greatest in real-life too, quoted this year as saying: “There’s more than one way to be a woman and be sexy.”
It’s not surprising - but still beyond impressive - that Rashida was one of the writers of the film.
4. The couple’s friend’s lives don’t revolve around their break-up.
Sure, they’re there when Celeste and Jesse have their expected life meltdowns, but beyond that, their best friends act like regular humans do when their mates are breaking-up - by generally continuing on with their own lives, while offering occasional advice and assistance when you’ve decided to drink way too much at a social event.
6. Well, that, and the chemisty.
Seriously, it basically oozes through the screen, to get into your pores and make you want to love someone, anyone.
7. They’re mean to each other. Like, really mean.
Generally, in Movie Land, break-ups are all about the grand gesture. In life and this movie, it’s all about finding the one thing you know will hurt the other person the most, and saying it at their most vulnerable moment ever - because they’ve broken your heart too.
11. It’s still funny. Really funny, actually.
And you will laugh. And it will be good, because you will need to pause from crying at some point.
12. It tells you the hard truth about dating.
Essentially, it presents solid evidence that it sucks.
13. It doesn’t have a happy ending.
And it’s important, because not everything does.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.