It's come to our attention that certain people have appalling and wrong opinions on tapas.
But the problem is, a lot of people around the world appear to have no clue what tapas actually are.
Let's look at the evidence, shall we?
1. Whoever assembled this monstrosity.
2. When someone poured oil on some salad, chucked some raisins on, and said "Fuck it, that'll do."
3. This stinging rebuke to everything Spanish culture represents.
4. When someone thought this was an acceptable way to pair tapas with booze.
5. Potted chicken nuggets, without any sauce. SMDH.
6. Whichever establishment thought this was a good idea.
7. When the saddest tapa in history was accompanied by crackers on a paper plate.
8. "Give me a tapa made with mayonnaise salad and Jenga blocks".
9. That's not a tapa, that's just a bowl of floppy chips with two sauces.
10. Whatever the hell this is.
What are you doing, America?
11. What the actual fuck?
12. WHY ARE YOU EATING TAPAS IN THE BATH?
14. Go to hell.
15. I don't even wanna know what's going on here.
MAKE IT STOP.
Please, people of the world - if you are going to talk shit about tapas, maybe ask yourself if the problem is tapas itself, or the rather the crappy ~approximation~ of tapas that gets served up in your country.
And if you can't find good tapas in your country, hey, come to Spain and eat it here. You might just change your mind.
This post was translated from Spanish.