37 Things Under $20 That Basically Every Single Adult Honestly Needs
Useful products that make grown-up things a lil easier.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A TubShroom, because if you don't already have one of these, there's probably an expensive bill from a plumber in your future. Just sayin'. 🤷
2. A pack of pimple patches that'll zap away zits overnight and help prevent you from picking, which can lead to scars or even more acne. You literally apply the patch and when you wake up the next morning, *poof* — the sebum is sucked right out.
3. A pair of blackout curtains to keep the sun from peaking in and annoyingly waking you up before your alarm goes off.
4. A Seche Vive gel-effect top coat that'll give your DIY mani a professional-looking gloss and buy you a few extra days before they start to chip. 💅
5. Or a bitter-tasting varnish for anyone who's less worried about chipping their nails than they are biting them.
6. A travel case of floss picks guaranteed to save the day when you're out and about and see a giant piece of lettuce stuck between your two front teeth.
8. A mini file organizer you can use to neatly store your receipts. It's small enough to fit inside your purse or backpack, and will be helpful when the time comes to add up how much $$ you spent on iced coffee last month.
9. And a budgeting planner filled with expense trackers, worksheets, and fun stickers that'll make your personal-finance journey a little less stressful.
11. A tub of cleaning wipes that can tackle even the messiest of messes. Grease, paint, permanent marker, nail polish, pet stains... You name it, these wipes can handle it.
12. A bottle of white touch-up paint because you rearrange your wall art every five minutes and now there are scratches and scuffs all over.
14. A four-way cleaning brush you can use with sprays and foams to clean just about anything, including shoes, coats, and even your furniture.
15. A bottle of Garnier micellar water that serves double duty as a facial cleanser by morning and a makeup remover by night.
16. A pair of large mesh laundry bags to protect your delicate garments from tears, rips, snags, and stretching. They're also great for bringing along on trips so you can keep your dirty clothes separate from the clean ones in your suitcase.
17. A bottle of Bar Keepers cleaning solution that's capable of restoring even the dingiest of sinks, showers, and toilets to their former glory.
18. A pair of blue light glasses to protect your eyes from harmful digital eye strain (especially great for people who stare at screens all day for work or school). And, they're actually pretty cute! 🤓
20. A meal-planning pad you can hang on your fridge so you always know what's for dinner. It also comes with a handy shopping list!
21. A set of plastic drawer organizers to get your bathroom products off the counter and neatly stored away.
22. Some Command hooks that truly offer up endless possibilities for all your grown-up projects, like hanging photos or organizing your cupboards.
23. A bottle of Finish booster powder to help your dishwasher do what it was built to do: clean your dishes!
24. A mini knife sharpener that'll keep your blades from prematurely dulling and hopefully buy you some time before you have to shell out a small fortune for a new set. 🔪
25. A candle accessory set because trimming the wick can add SO much more burn time to all those expensive candles you've been buying lately. 🕯️
26. A Scrubbing Bubbles cleaning stamp to *keep* your toilet shining bright, without ever having to get too far in there with a nasty ol' cleaning brush.
27. A reusable bamboo cutlery set that'll give ya all the utensils you could ever need (fork, knife, spoon, chopsticks, straw, cleaning brush, toothbrush, AND carrying pouch) to eat mindfully on the go and avoid unnecessary plastic consumption.
28. A pack of washing machine cleaning tablets because, uh, have you ever cleaned the inside of your washing machine? Did you know that doing so can actually prolong the life of your washing machine? As well as prevent your clothes from smelling and getting damaged? Take care of your washing machines, people — they're not cheap to replace!
29. A pack of Miracle-Gro indoor plant food spikes that make being a plant parent easier than ever. If you're the person who buys new plants every year because your old ones keep dying, these will be a godsend. 🌱
30. An Ecotools makeup brush shampoo to extend the life of your brushes and sponges by cleansing out weeks (OK, months??) of buildup. It'll condition bristles back to their original glory in literally a matter of minutes.
31. A handy bag cinch since there are two types of people in this world: those who actually twist the little plastic thingy around the bag, and those who twist the plastic bag and tuck it under the bread. One of these methods takes too much time, and the other is ineffective at keeping the bread fresh. No matter which person you are, this solves both of those problems. You're welcome. 🍞
32. A bottle of Acure brightening facial scrub to brighten your complexion in one easy step. You don't need a regimen with a ton of expensive products to get you that ~glow~ you're chasing. This'll exfoliate away excess oil and treat breakouts while highlighting your clear complexion underneath.
34. Non-stick oven liners to catch drips and spills while you're cooking. Have you ever put a frozen pizza in your oven, only for a plume of smoke to emerge and your fire alarms beeping obnoxiously? Yeah, that's probably all the caked up food at the bottom of your oven. These make clean up SO much easier.
35. An avocado slicing tool guaranteed to make your homemade avo toast look just as beautiful as the order from your favorite brunch spot. 🥑
36. A cleaning gel that's just as fun to play with as it is effective at removing dust and crumbs from your keyboards, vents, and remotes. It's basically the practical, grown-up version of slime.
37. A handy charging pad so you can stop wasting minutes on end trying to find that *exact* angle for your fraying charging cord to work.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.