28 Products Reviewers Say Left Them "Pleasantly Surprised"
Let these reviews help you hit "add to cart" with confidence.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A battery-charged hair remover that'll prevent you from having to use wax or shaving cream around your lip or between the brows. Best of all, you'll get a smooth cut with no pain involved. 👍
Promising review: "I previously bought a different product that performed the same function, when I saw this facial hair remover recommended by Amazon 'King well,' I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the smoothness and closeness of the hair remover over the action of the one I had bought previously from another store. I am very happy with this purchase and do recommend it." —Jeanart
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
2. OR! A Schick Silk touch-up tool you can also use to shape your eyebrows, exfoliate skin, and remove peach fuzz.
Promising review: "So I really just bought these to try for shaving my upper lip without needing to do the whole razor and cream process. I was very pleasantly surprised with this product! You can use it dry, it's SUPER fast and easy. You have to WANT to hurt yourself to cut your face with this. I ended up using it for a true full facial dermaplane and am very pleased with the results. So nice to be able to get a good quality product and result at home. Highly recommend!" —Elizabeth T
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $4.99.
3. A cult-favorite water bottle that reviewers swear by for helping them stay hydrated throughout the day. The 32-oz, leakproof bottle features a time marker with motivational quotes to keep you chugging allllll day long.
Promising review: "This is the best water bottle I have ever owned! It locks so you can throw it in the car or in your purse. My only complaint is that the straw is not removable so I have to wash the entire top portion when I normally would just wash the straw every day. It’s easy to carry with the wrist strap and durable if dropped from a slight height (I don’t recommend you test this theory. I dropped mine on accident and was pleasantly surprised at its durability)." —Kimmy4077
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in 17 colors).
4. An electric bubble massage mat that'll transform your average bathtub into a full-on jetted tub. It's got a built-in heater and an aroma clip for essential oils. Talk about luxury.
5. A jar of SolarOil nail-and-cuticle care infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E that'll have you looking like you're ALWAYS rocking a fresh mani. 💅
Promising review: "Decided to give this almond oil a try and I’ve been very pleasantly surprised! First off, it smells divine. Second, it’s super easy and quick to apply. Just swipe the brush along your cuticles, massage it into the cuticle and nail, and you're done. Only con is, this isn’t a one and done kind of thing. To keep seeing the benefit you’ll need to use it on a regular basis. But that’s not a big deal and the same for any cosmetic. It’s so affordable and I’m sure one bottle will last a long time. Very happy with this product!" —Djhope771
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
6. A bottle of Feed-N-Wax to polish up all of your wood floors, doors, and furniture. In addition to polishing, it'll also condition the wood and help keep it from drying and fading.
Promising review: "I love this product, it does exactly what it says it does. I recently received mid century modern furniture from my mothers house which hasn’t been treated in probably 30 years except for dusting and the wood looked dried and grayish. I purchased this wood and polish conditioner as a last ditch effort before sending the pieces to a professional refinished. Well holy moly, was I pleasantly surprised! After using it on the “new” old furniture, I went around my home using it on every wood surface I have and it worked and the furniture looked beautiful, every last piece. I highly recommend this product." —CeCe
Get it from Amazon for $8.98.
7. A pet hair-remover that'll help you keep your furniture clean and clear of all the unwanted fur that's been building up for weeks (OK, months? YEARS??).
Promising review: "I am pleasantly surprised with this device! I was quite skeptical when I first saw it as I have tried these types of brushes in the past but I got tired of tape rollers and I figured I’d give it a try. It works wonderfully! Two large dogs that shed and it grabs most of the hair on the couch. Ny only issue is the 'eject' button is close to the handle so I often hit the button by accident and it opens the handle. Not a huge deal but it keeps it from being a perfect pet hair roller. Nevertheless, still an excellent device!" —Drneedle
Get it from Amazon for $24.95.
8. A pack of dishwasher-cleaning tablets because, yes, your dishwasher does need to be cleaned occasionally despite the fact that its literal job is to wash the things you put inside it.
These tablets are designed to penetrate, dissolve, and remove odor-causing residue that accumulates inside your dishwasher over time, as well as remove lime and mineral buildup. Using Affresh tablets once a month can prolong the life of your dishwasher and make it more effective at doing its job: cleaning your dishes.
Promising review: "I have been hesitant about purchasing these types of products for the dishwasher and disposal cleaner concerned about price (over $6.75) and its need; but I am pleasantly surprised that it does what it is supposed to do and I will continue to use the product as and when required." —sylvia ogrodzinski
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $5.99.
9. And! A pack of washing machine cleaning tablets because, uh, have you ever cleaned the inside of your washing machine?? Didn't think so.
OK but HOW did that come out of a washing machine!?
Promising review: "I was skeptical with ordering this brand since I've always used the Tide brand to clean my HE front loading LG washer but I decided to give it a shot and I am please to say that I like the results. I've only used one pack so far and all the smell from my washer is totally gone. It has been six months or more since my last wash and I was expecting to run at least a couple of clean cycles but was pleasantly surprised that one did the trick. I'll run another one this weekend and give a few weeks of rest." —AG
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $11.98.
10. A jewelry-cleaning pen — it's basically just like coloring your jewelry while actually getting all the nasty stuff off of it.
Promising review: "As advertised. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. It really does clean your jewelry like the day you bought it or exceed possibilities. I was shocked as to how much it cleaned my diamond wedding rings. Just beautiful. I do highly recommend this product." —Liz
Get it from Amazon for $7.12.
11. A toilet bowl ring remover so you can stop gagging every time you go to use it.
Promising review: "I've tried toilet bowl cleaners, baking soda + vinegar, and Bar Keepers Friend to get the ring out of the toilet bowl. Nothing worked. After searching for more ideas, I saw this pumice stone recommended. I was skeptical, but pleasantly surprised. It really works! It removed the ring and the stains where the water flows into the bowl. As you use it, parts of the stone dissolve. It seems as if it will last a while. The price and effectiveness make this a great buy. I highly recommend it!" —J. Roberts
Get it from Amazon for $11.27.
12. A dryer lint brush, because even though you clean out the lint trap *every* time, there's likely SO much more hiding in your dryer gap and exhaust port. This tool makes it easy to get all that yuckiness out, and will leave you feeling like your clothes are extra clean the next time you dry a load.
13. A detangling brush that'll glide right through even the most stubborn coils.
Promising review: "Detangling and distributing: I bought this with some hesitation. But I was beyond pleasantly surprised. This brush is flexible so your curls don’t get pulled and break. I also used it to distribute my hair products before styling with my Denman brush. My curls came out better than ever." —Kikiricat
Get it from Amazon for $5.99 (available in four colors).
14. An all-natural tub-and-tile cleaner to banish the soap scum and mildew that refuses to leave your shower. It'll also leave your bathroom smelling like tea tree and eucalyptus, rather than a bunch of chemicals.
Promising review: "This product works better than Tilex and the Seventh Generation tile cleaner that I normally use. I'm pleasantly surprised by how clean and shiny my tub looked after using the product. Also, I didn't have to scrub the tub, only wipe." —L.Brooks
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $12.99.
15. A pack of Avarelle acne cover patches that'll zap away zits overnight and help prevent picking, which can lead to scars or even more acne. You literally apply the patch and when you wake up the next morning, *poof* — the sebum is sucked right out.
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by how well these acne patches worked to bring down the inflammation and redness of my pimples within a day. I was also very pleased with how they were able to cover my pimple, very discretely (and often making it look less noticeable and better just by putting the patch on) and protect it from dirt and bacteria." —DrSusieQ
Get a 40-pack from Amazon for $8.49.
16. A bottle of Lash Princess mascara if you want the false-eyelash effect, but aren't in the mood to go through the hassle of actually applying them.
Promising review: "I purchased this mascara after reading a few reviews. Given a lower price then what I am used to paying for large name brand make-up, I was not expecting a lot. I was quite pleasantly surprised at how well it has worked. For reference I have baby fine (truly, you can barely see them without mascara on) very light blonde eye lashes. Most mascara's, even the very high priced ones, barely do much for them. However, this little gem of a mascara, makes my lashes just pop! It clings to them, makes them look thick and long. The other added benefit is, it stays on till you take it off. The price is amazing for the quality. I will definitely be purchasing more." —Angel Nahid~
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
17. A pack of cleaning tablets to make washing your bottles and tumblers less of a headache. If you're the person who just "rinses out" their reusable bottles with more water, then they're probably full of bacteria and grime. 🤮
Promising review: "I had a few stainless cups, mugs and Swell bottles that were so nasty looking with coffee build up we had stopped using them. I put aside my doubts and ordered the Hydrapak tablets as a last resort before tossing the items. I was pleasantly surprised (actually amazed) by the way these tablets renewed my severely stained containers. I had to do a couple of travel mugs twice because I didn't use enough water, but this product is 100% as advertised. One tip I will pass along is to keep rinsing heavily stained items since the tablets will remove more debris than you will think possible. These are absolutely not a scam and performed waaay beyond my expectations." —Dan Hearn
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8.
18. A clay mask which, last I checked, had an impressive 43,000+ 5-star reviews on Amazon. Its deep-cleansing formula is great for everything from facials to body wraps to foot soaks, and'll have your skin feeling renewed in just a matter of minutes.
19. A genius cat toy guaranteed to keep your little feline entertained for HOURS. It's good to treat ourselves, but it's even MORE important to treat our pets.
20. A cult-favorite BB cream specifically formulated to smooth out your complexion *without* needing to use foundation.
Promising review: "When I received this, I thought it was going to be a flesh-colored BB cream (like a light foundation), but was skeptical when a white liquid came out of the tube. I gave it a try under my makeup, and was so pleasantly surprised. I couldn't BELIEVE how nice it made my skin look. I don't know what in the world is in there, but I didn't even need to use foundation (used Milani powder over it) and I had a great "makeup day". My pores looked smaller, and my skin looked as good as I've seen it in years. I am a believer in this magic potion! Love it!" —Steve and Amy
Get it from Amazon for $7.79 (available in three shades).
21. A cult-favorite CeraVe moisturizing cream reviewers swear by for nourishing their face, body, *and* feet. It's formulated with hyaluronic acid and ceramides to lock in moisture and reduce skin irritation.
^^This reviewer's eczema drastically improved after using the cream, noting that the cream made their skin "less patchy and dry."
Promising review: "I have been very pleasantly surprised with this product. My son's eczema has started to improve (finally!) with the use of this product, along with an anti-itch cream (sarna). A little goes a long way because I use it on his skin when his body is still damp, after a bath to help lock in that moisture. The cream itself is a thick consistency and feels soft on the skin. I have started to use it on my legs as well." —axo girl
Get it from Amazon for $15.28.
22. A pack of sheet suspender straps to keep your sheets pulled nice and tight so you don't have to waste extra time straightening them out in the morning.
Promising review: "Our adult son who has autism is always taking the sheets off the bed. Not intentionally, but just but moving, jumping, taking his blanket off, etc. We bought these without much expectation and were we ever pleasantly surprised. We put the sheets on with these, and now they stay until WE remove them. Saves so much time not having to remake the entire bed every single night. Love this product."—MrsMac2000
Get them from Amazon for $9.96.
23. A pack of wart remover pads, because you've tried EVERYTHING else to get that pesky little growth off your person and are running out of options. These might just do the trick.
Promising review: "I’ve had an embarrassing wart on my knuckle for a couple of years. When I first read the instructions on this product I was disappointed, as it said it could take weeks to remove a wart. I was pleasantly surprised that it came off within one week." —Amazon Customer
Get a 14-pack from Amazon for $6.96.
24. A mattress protector that's hypoallergenic AND waterproof! It'll prevent any fluids or allergens from ruining your mattress *without* changing the feel or being super noisy.
Promising review: "I was a little worried about purchasing this mattress cover because the price was so low, I was worried that meant low quality. I was pleasantly surprised when the item arrived at my house. I've had mattress covers that had a layer of plastic on them and they were extremely uncomfortable. This mattress cover has no vinyl plastic, makes no noise when you move around on the bed, and you basically don't know it's there until your 3-year-old spills a cup of water on the bed and you realize that the mattress is not wet at all. It's a great product that I will be purchasing in the sizes of both of my kids beds as well." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.95+ (available in twin–Cal king).
25. A bottle of Leather Honey you can use to restore that dingy sofa you just snagged on Facebook Marketplace. All you need is a scrubbing brush and a little elbow grease for the honey to work its magic. 🍯
Promising review: "Just received this product, used the cleaner and the conditioner on two expensive purses and our recliner. Love it! Worked great for my purses, I was worried about how they would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised! Great product, doesn't smell like chemicals and It appears to truly condition the leather." —Julieboolee
Get it from Amazon for $18.95.
26. A foot file that''ll shave away unsightly calluses and have your feet baby soft in no time.
Promising review: "Before buying, I read a lot of good reviews for this foot file. I hesitantly purchased but was hopeful that it would help with the rough patches on my feet. I used it recently for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at how well it helped me file off the dead skin. It helped A LOT!! I would definitely recommend this for anyone who needs a little help with getting that smooth feeling back in their feet." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.95.
27. A posture corrector, especially since WFH has us typing on our laptops in all kinds of funky positions.
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by how this simple wearable device is effective at reminding me to correct my posture: after adjusting it for fit using the Velcro straps, if I'm sitting or standing correctly, the device is perfectly comfortable without the straps digging in or other issues. If I start to slouch, the device immediately becomes uncomfortable with the straps digging in beneath my arms, so I straighten up into a good posture and the device sits comfortably again. As the Instructions recommended, I started off limiting use to 15 to 20 minutes at a time and have increased the frequency of use. Already feeling better and happy to have purchased!" —Constance Furie
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.