40 Things That'll Help You Save Money This Spring
Whether you're looking to limit, track, or reduce your spending, these are the products to help ya do it.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A low flow shower head that can help reduce your water and energy consumption by up to 30% — which means you can enjoy your obnoxiously long showers AND save money in the process.
2. A smart plug power strip you can use to easily monitor your energy consumption from anything you happen to plug into it (such as all your tech chargers).
3. A set of Bee's Wraps to keep all your fresh baked goods and produce nice and fresh for as long as possible *without* having to buy disposable plastic wrap every week. These can be rinsed off and used over and over and over again.
4. A set of reusable zipper storage bags you can rinse out and use over and over again. They come in snack, sandwich, and gallon sizes and can be used for everything from keeping produce fresh to a handy weekend toiletry bag.
5. A pack of washing machine cleaning tablets because, uh, have you ever cleaned the inside of your washing machine? Did you know that doing so can actually prolong the life of your washing machine? As well as prevent your clothes from smelling and getting damaged? Take care of your washing machines, people — they're not cheap to replace!
6. A stainless-steel wine stopper so you can keep your half-finished bottle tasting fresh and delicious for up to 10 days after you pop the cork. Now you can finally buy that expensive bottle you've been eyeing and enjoy a few sips every night for a week so you really get your money's worth.
7. Or a bottle of red wine stain remover if you tend to spill more than you sip. So please, stop panicking — this spray *actually works* and will prevent you from having to pay thousands of dollars to replace your carpet. Everybody makes mistakes!
8. A handheld garment steamer that works on all kinds of fabrics, because steaming is WAY more fun than ironing AND will save you money from not having to get your clothes pressed at the dry cleaners. 🤑
9. A TubShroom because constantly using store-bought drain cleaners takes a toll on your wallet AND the environment. It's effectively like ~pouring money down the drain~, so to speak.
10. A set of Rubbermaid food-saver containers to keep all your produce fresh and ripe for a few extra days. These will save you time, money, and most importantly, unnecessary trips to the grocery store.
11. A pack of cable savers that'll protect your chargers, aux cords, and headphones from fraying and becoming damaged.
12. A roll of adhesive weather stripping you can use to prevent unwanted dust, wind, sound, and cold or hot air from entering your home. It's easy to apply and will likely help lower your utility bills.
13. Some budget envelopes beautifully labelled with seven categories for you to allocate your dollars each month, making budgeting easier and more foolproof than ever.
14. A budgeting planner filled with expense trackers, worksheets, and fun stickers designed to make getting financially fit a little more enjoyable.
15. OR, a digital monthly budget planner you can use with Google Sheets if old-school planners and envelopes aren't really your thing. And since you can sync it to all your mobile devices, keeping it up-to-date with your impulse buys will be a breeze.
16. Hope's Perfect Sink Cleaner & Polish that'll magically restore the bottom of your kitchen sink and remove all those unsightly stains and scratches. When you think about it, sinks never really "go bad," we just replace them when they look old and dirty. This polish should buy you a few years.
17. A fabric shaver to remove all the pilling on your fav sweaters so you don't have to buy new ones (even though you really, really want to). 😬
18. A candle accessory set because trimming the wick can add SO much more burn time to all those expensive candles you've been buying lately. 🕯️
19. A toilet bowl ring remover that'll have your toilet shining bright like a diamond, which means you won't have to constantly buy cleaning sprays (or a new toilet).
20. A grout cleaning pen to restore your grout tile lines and instantly take your bathroom from drab to fab. After using this pen, that expensive tile you've been thinking about will be able to wait a few years.
21. A pack of Miracle-Gro indoor plant food spikes that make being a plant parent easier than ever. If you're the person who buys new plants every year because your old ones keep dying, these will be a godsend. 🌱
22. A roll of reusable cleaning towels, because paper products are low-key expensive!? These work just as good as the disposable thing (if not better) and are sure to add a fun pop of color to your countertops.
23. A pack of Shout dye-trapping sheets so you can wash your colored *and* white laundry in the same load. Fewer loads = lower utility bills. And, let's be real, who actually wants to sit around and sort their clothes?? Not me. Big no. These are a win.
24. And, a pack of wool dryer balls that'll reduce your overall drying time while also making your clothes super soft and wrinkle-free.
25. Reusable cotton rounds so you can stop buying disposable ones month after month. All you gotta do is wash these every now and then, and they'll be just as fresh as when you bought 'em.
26. An Ecotools makeup brush shampoo to extend the life of your brushes by cleansing out days (OK, months??) of buildup. It'll condition bristles back to their original glory in literally a matter of minutes.
27. A pack of cleaning wipes because, even though you try your best to avoid mud puddles and excess salt, your boots somehow ALWAYS end up looking like you just walked through a swamp. 🥴
28. A bottle of Acure brightening facial scrub to brighten your complexion in one easy step. You don't need a regimen with a ton of expensive products to get you that ~glow~ you're chasing. This'll exfoliate away excess oil and treat breakouts while highlighting your clear complexion underneath.
29. An avocado slicing tool you can use to split, pit, and slice just as well as your favorite brunch place — which means you can get that ~avo aesthetic~ without having to pay $16 for a piece of toast. 🥑
30. A cold brew maker, because your coffee habit shouldn't break the bank! Plus, staying home and channeling your inner barista is *way* more fun than picking up the same boring mobile order day after day, imo.
31. A set of glass meal-prep containers that'll encourage you to actually, well, meal prep! Cooking your meals at home can save you soooooo much money, rather than ordering takeout every night. And these containers will allow you to make pretty, Instagramable meals for the week. ✨
32. A beauty spatula so you can get every last drop out of your cosmetic and personal care items before breaking down and forking over a small fortune to replace them.
34. A foam maker designed to transform your face wash into a luxurious, foamy consistency — which means you can get away with using a little bit less everyday and make your bottle last longer.
35. A silicone cup cover to keep your coffee or tea warm throughout the day, which will help prevent you from having to dump it out and make a fresh cup just because you got distracted and didn't finish it in time.
36. L'Oreal Paris root cover-up spray so you don't have to pay for a full dye job again when your natural roots start to show.
37. A fabric shaver to remove all the pilling on your fav sweaters so you don't have to buy new ones (even though you really, really want to). 😬
38. A set of reusable coffee pods you can refill day after day with your fav grounds, rather than buying those expensive, disposable ones. It'll also help reduce your plastic consumption!
39. And a set of K-Cup cleaning pods to keep your Keurig in tip top condition, because dropping a Ben Franklin on a new one is NOT something you wanna do anytime soon.
40. And, a Seche Vive gel-effect top coat that'll give your budget-friendly DIY mani a professional-looking gloss and prevent them from prematurely chipping. 💅
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.