29 Things To Help You Clean The Neglected Areas Of Your Home
Including a tool to dust your blinds, drywall repair putty, and a solution to clean the jets in your jacuzzi.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A drywall repair putty, because the walls in your apartment are COVERED in holes and scuffs from rearranging your gallery wall a million times over. Now you might even get your security deposit back. 😎
2. A microfiber hand duster to get all those hard-to-reach places like your ceiling fan and the tops of your TV, cupboards, and picture frames.
3. A weekly shower cleaner that *ahem* doesn't require ANY scrubbing. You just spray it on the tile in your shower, turn your shower on, and watch as it rinses away dirt and grime that's been hanging out there for WAAAY too long.
4. A pack of Magic Erasers because, unfortunately, a lil' scrubbing is actually necessary from time to time. At least with these, you'll get the best possible results for each unit of effort exerted — which is more than any other cleaning tool out there.
5. A bottle of all-purpose cleaning concentrate with an emphasis on "all purpose," because it works great in *every* corner of your home. Just spray it on, let it sink into the dirt and grime for about 30 seconds, then wipe it all away with a cleaning cloth!
6. A washable sponge that's actually designed to last upwards of a year (unlike that nasty, bacteria-ridden one you've been using for way, WAY too long). Aside from dishes, you might even consider using it to scrub things you haven't scrubbed in a while — i.e., inside your refrigerator!
7. A toilet bowl ring remover so you can stop gagging every time you go to use it. It also makes for a great arm workout! 💪
8. And a bag of fizzing Johnny Drops to give your toilet a little extra something after you scrub those nasty rings out. We like to think of these as "a bath bomb for your porcelain throne."
9. A dryer lint brush, because even though you clean out the lint trap *every* time, there's likely SO much more hiding in your dryer gap and exhaust port. This tool makes it easy to get all that yuckiness out, and will leave you feeling like your clothes are extra clean the next time you dry a load.
11. A splurge-worthy robot vacuum that does all the dirty work for you. It'll even slide right under your coffee table and suck up all your TV-watching dinner crumbs, because who knows when the last time was that you *actually* moved it to clean under there.
12. Glisten Disposer Cleaner to scrub away tough grunge and odor-causing build-up from sidewalls, blades and under the splashguard with its foaming formula.
13. A bottle of So Phresh cleaning concentrate you can dilute and use on everything from your cabinets to your walls to the dash in your car.
14. A rust stain remover, perfect for anything with an orange hue that probably shouldn't have one. 🍊
15. Bissell Stomp & Go Cleaning Pads that might just be the most fun cleaning product you'll ever buy. You know that giant coffee stain you've been covering with up with a side table for the past six months? Yeah, these'll finally take care of that once and for all.
16. A stainless steel cleaner to instantly wipe away those mysterious streaks and smudges that somehow always appear on your fridge, oven, and in your sink.
17. A bottle of red wine stain remover, because that stain on your couch looks a bit like a crime scene. Best of all, you won't be embarrassed anymore when someone moves the throw blanket you've strategically placed to cover it up.
18. A grout cleaning pen to restore your grout tile lines and instantly take your bathroom from drab to fab.
19. A pack of Keurig-cleaning cups because, despite all the deliciousness that comes out of that glorious machine, there's likely a whole lot of grime and gunk hiding on the inside that has no business being in your morning coffee.
20. A set of drill brushes for anyone who's seriously looking to take their cleaning game to a whole new level. They're great for cleaning things like tile, grout, door tracks, and even... stovetops!?
21. A jetted tub cleaner, because you have no idea what's hiding in those jets of yours. Better to just do the dirty work now, rather than find some unwanted surprises the next time you're trying to take a relaxing evening bath.
22. An odor-eliminating spray designed to obliterate stains AND stenches. Your whole, I'll clean it later approach only works for so long, until a nauseating smell start wafting through your home...
23. Or this instant spot remover if you need more help with the stain than the smell. BTW, have you ever checked your mattress for stains? Who knows what's under all those linens... Might be worth taking a peak. 🥴
24. A pack of dishwasher-cleaning tablets because, yes, your dishwasher does need to be cleaned occasionally despite the fact that its literal job is to wash the things you put inside it.
25. And washing machine tablets to eliminate any mold or mildew secretly waiting to stink up your favorite hoodie.
27. A pet hair removal tool that's basically a heavy-duty lint roller. BUT, you can use it over and over again because it doesn't use sticky pads — just empty out the roller trap after each use. Magic.
28. A pack of bottle-cleaning tablets that make cleaning your water bottles and tumblers less of a headache. If you're the person who just "rinses out" their reusable water bottle once a month with, well, more water, your bottle is likely filled with unwanted bacteria and grime.
29. A water mark removing cloth because you're always spilling drinks down the side of your nightstand (that just so happens to be a family heirloom) and you need to get it back in shape before your mother comes over next weekend and discovers your reckless ways.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.