1. The Teletubbies are nearly 10 feet tall. They're much taller than the average human.
2. The rabbits in the Teletubbies' garden are actually a gigantic species (and they did it in front of the camera a lot).
Because the Teletubbies are so big, the rabbits they play with in their garden also needed to be large. They're Flemish Giant rabbits, and they're much larger than normal rabbits.
They actually had to reshoot a lot of the garden scenes because the rabbits would get it on right in front of the cameras pretty frequently.
3. Apparently there's racial diversity among the Teletubbies.
4. In the new version of the show (which debuted in 2015), we're introduced to the Tiddlytubbies, whom people think may be the offspring of the Teletubbies.
5. Taylor Swift was a huge fan.
6. The Simpsons references the Teletubbies ALL THE TIME.
7. The actor behind Tinky Winky compared his experience to what the Beatles went through in the '60s.
8. One episode titled “See-Saw” has actually been banned in several countries because the lion and bear characters scared children too much.
Many children found the way the characters sounded, looked, and moved to be very unsettling. You can check them out for yourself here.
9. A black-and-white short featuring a Joy Division song being played over footage of the Teletubbies once went viral.
10. This year, the Teletubbies are 20 years old.
11. The Sun Baby is 21 years old now.
Her name is Jessica Smith, and she revealed that she was the Sun Baby during her first year at college when she was 19.
12. March 28 is Teletubbies Day.
13. Officially, Tinky Winky's purse has nothing to do with his sexual preference.
14. They may look a little like aliens, but Teletubbies are actually inspired by astronauts.
15. They were also created in response to the violence seen on shows like Power Rangers.
16. And because we know you're wondering...Tubby Custard is mashed potatoes...with some other additives.
This post was translated from Spanish.