16 Food Facts That Will Make You Feel Better About Eating Healthy
If you eat spicy food, you'll live longer.
1. Stickers on fruit are edible.
2. People who eat spicy food tend to live longer.
3. Tomatoes shouldn't be stored in the fridge because they lose their flavor.
4. A lemon has more sugar than a strawberry.
5. Cooking in the microwave is the best way to preserve the minerals and nutrients in food.
6. The egg yolks have way more nutrients than the whites.
7. In France, unlimited refills are banned.
8. Just smelling chocolate can help you relax.
9. Cucumbers are 96% water.
10. Frozen vegetables are are even more nutritious than non-frozen veggies.
11. In Seattle, throwing food in the trash is illegal.
12. There are about 10,000 different types of apple in the world.
13. Honey never expires.
14. Sea salt is not more or less healthy than regular salt.
15. Chocolate is an effective remedy against constant coughing.
16. Leftovers taste better.
For more translated content and BuzzFeed International goodness, subscribe below to Inter Webz: our new bi-weekly newsletter bringing you the best of the 'net from around the world.
Note: if you can't see the sign-up box above, you can sign up here!
This post was translated from Spanish.