A few days ago I took to Twitter and asked people about a time they laughed so hard they cried.
I wanted people to share any story, even if they didn't think it would be funny to other people. When people make themselves laugh over the silly little things, it can be surprisingly hilarious.
1. This one was a crowd favorite.
2. I wish this one was captured on video.
3. "My sister and I were teaching a lifeguarding class and she tried to describe something as 'short' but at the last minute decided it was 'long' and ended up saying 'shlong' in front of the whole class. I peed a little and had to leave."
4. Clueless little kid stories will always be funny.
5. Definitely a "you had to be there" story, but it's funny just to imagine someone laughing at something so simple.
6. "One time we were playing celebrity and the name my friend drew was Michael Jackson.
"He tried to have his partner guess Michael Jackson by doing, hands down, the worst moonwalk impression i've ever seen. We all lost it and I started crying and choking from laughter." —Demi A
7. I got a lot of "old people farting" jokes. But this one was the best.
8. You can't make this stuff up.
9. Ah, family.
10. Handled perfectly.
11. I NEED PICS OF THIS ESSAY.
13. "One time my sister and I were hanging in my room and she was leaning against my dresser in a very big Calvin Klein sweatshirt, and suddenly she was like, 'It’s like weirdly hot in here!’
"And then I remembered that I had a candle on my dresser, and I was like, "Haha, what if you're on fire?" And she laughed and turned around and her sweatshirt was literally on fire and we both screamed and she started flailing around and I was completely useless because I was laughing and crying. She somehow put the fire out. Then she just had a little fist-sized hole in the back of her sweatshirt, which we still have." —Arianna Rebolini, BuzzFeed staff
14. Moms fart too, you guys.
15. You can't unhear it.
16. "Playing catchphrase, my friend points to her crotch and yells 'Vagina!' and throws her arms out to the sides and yells 'Tree!'
"We completely lost it. Turns out the word we had to guess was 'pussy willow.'" —Flynn V
17. A story from a very supportive wife.
18. OK but this is genius.
19. True love.
20. Ei-fell Tower. (I'm sorry.)
22. You and I both know exactly how those fart noises were used in "Paper Planes."
23. This one made me laugh really hard.
24. "One time my sister meant to say 'breakfast sausage' but said 'morning sausage' instead and my entire family lost it."
25. It's science.
26. Mom to the rescue.
27. "One time my friend sneeze-farted on the beach and I was laughing so hard at her that I laugh-farted approximately four seconds later."
28. I don't care either! It's funny just knowing you laughed.
29. Don't worry, the kitten is OK!
See? Here's a picture of him just relaxing.
30. It's funny to imagine someone stuck in a bathroom frantically screaming out numbers.
31. You do you, Sophia. I support you.
32. ...What the hell.
33. If I was with you, I would have laughed too.
Do you have a story about a time you laughed so hard you cried? Share it in the comments below!
You will probably make yourself laugh just by thinking about it. Isn't that great? It's like a free gift you can give yourself whenever you want.