1. It's the greenest city in the country.
2. And it's right next to the Peak District.
3. Which means you can jump on a bus to get here.
4. Or drive here in half an hour.
5. Sheffield is full of beautiful parks.
6. And great pubs.
7. And great pubs in beautiful parks.
8. And then there's the beer.
9. Sheffield is built on seven hills. Like Rome.
10. Except it's nicer.
11. It's the home of Jessica Ennis-Hill.
12. Who Sheffield loves.
13. Sheffield United even named a stand of Bramall Lane after her.
14. The city is incredible at football.
15. Which means that the Steel City derby is one of the most intense in the country.
16. Sheffield is also home to the oldest derby in world football.
17. Sheffield's stars still remember their roots.
When he isn't racking up runs for his country, England cricketer Joe Root is often spotted in Sheffield's nightclubs.
18. Sheffield hosts the World Snooker Championship every year.
19. People from Sheffield are caring. When a mobile sandwich shop got stolen, #FindJohnsVan trended on Twitter.
20. It's home to loads of great music.
21. Seriously. Loads.
22. Plus it hosts the Tramlines Festival every July.
23. It's the home of Henderson's Relish.
24. Which even this guy loves.
Deputy prime minister Nick Clegg, Sheffield Hallam's MP, wrote an open letter defending the honour of Henderson's earlier this year.