1. For starters, the tower.
2. The ballroom at the tower has been used in Strictly Come Dancing.
The final of the show was held in the Tower Ballroom between 2009 and 2011.
3. The view from the top isn't bad either.
4. Blackpool has three piers.
Take that, Brighton.
5. And clearly the best pleasure beach.
6. With proper wooden rollercoasters.
7. Not forgetting the Big One.
8. The nightlife may not be very classy, but it's certainly fun.
9. And there's nowhere better to hold your hen do.
10. But even Blackpool is too classy for this lot.
11. It's got proper-sized arcades.
12. It turned an art-deco cinema into what is now one of the largest all-male burlesque shows in the country.
13. And is the true home of rock.
14. If you're feeling peckish, nowhere does fish and chips like Blackpool.
15. It's home to the Empress Ballroom.
16. Which was the location for The White Stripes' Under Blackpool Lights DVD.
The venue has also hosted Queen, Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, and many others.