1. The first step? Picking the right festival.
2. Pack some layers.
3. If you’re camping, bring balloons or fun inflatables to help mark your area.
4. Portable speakers are more important than you think.
5. An air mattress is ALWAYS worth it.
6. Pack hella snacks.
7. Use your phone to take screenshots of the festival website's maps and schedule since you might not have great service.
8. Write up a document to organize your expenses.
9. Compare set times so you can maximize and see as many artists as possible.
10. Set phone alarm reminders for applying sunscreen.
Abbey Lossing for ©BuzzFeed