Kanchan Koya's Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Pot Pie
Watch Kanchan use up her Thanksgiving leftovers with the help of Google Home's new smart display, Google Home Hub! All you have to say is "Hey Google, ask Tasty to clean out my fridge." 😄 Click here to get cookin' with Tasty on your Google Home Hub!
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cinnamon stick
3 cardamom pods, crushed
1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
1 cup leftover peas
1 cup leftover carrots, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
2 cups leftover turkey, shredded
1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 cups leftover gravy
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/2 cup leftover mashed potatoes
1 sheet puff pastry
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 400℉ degrees.
2. In a large stock pot, melt butter on medium heat and cook until it just starts to brown.
Add cinnamon stick, cloves, and crushed cardamom pods and reduce heat to low. Cook
until the spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
3. Strain the spices from the butter and add the spiced butter back into the pot. Turn the
heat up to medium and add onion. Cook until caramelized.
4. Add the garlic and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add shredded turkey, peas, carrots,
gravy, garam masala, and a bay leaf, and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the pot pie filling into a pie pan. Place spoonfuls of mashed potatoes around the pie
pan. Place a sheet of puff pastry on top, crimping the edges to seal. Cut slits in the top to
7. In a small bowl, beat the egg with the tablespoon of water until totally combined. Brush
the egg wash onto the puff pastry.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until pastry is cooked through and golden brown on top. Remove
from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.