1. Plankton shouldn’t exist.
2. Female alligators are born when it is cold.
3. The number 10^27 is called an octillion…
4. Red blood cells lack a nucleus, DNA, and organelles.
5. Armadillos and humans are the only animals that are susceptible to leprosy.
6. Vampire bats are adorable sweethearts.
7. Kangaroo rats can last longer without water than camels can.
8. Coughing and sneezing is SERIOUS BUSINESS and should not be taken lightly.
9. Land plants evolved from a single type of algae.
10. Chimpanzees in the Fongoli savanna sharpen sticks to use as spears when hunting.
11. Helianthus anomalus is a naturally occurring hybrid species of sunflower.
12. Post-synaptic firing occurs when enough energy volleys in from a pre-synaptic cell.
Next time you’re agonizing over a biology midterm, remember: you love this stuff. And don’t worry, you can get affordable study tools that will keep you sane enough to keep that bio love going.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!