1. In 1988, she joined UNICEF as a Goodwill Ambassador.
2. She spent the next five years traveling to over 20 countries helping children in need.
3. She used her fame to bring attention to those in need.
4. She went to Vietnam in 1990 to promote UNICEF's immunization and water programs.
5. Somalia, her final mission, made the biggest impression on her.
6. There were more than 8 million people starving to death when she visited in 1992.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!