back to top

An Australian Woman Has Died At A Resort After She Allegedly Drank More Than A Bottle Of Vodka

A doctor arrived to find her lying on the pool deck of a luxury villa, police said.

Posted on

Queensland woman Summa Simmonds died of suspected alcohol poisoning at a seaside resort in Bali on Sunday night.

Summa Simmonds/Facebook

Indonesian police said the 38-year-old Cairns woman drank "a whole bottle of vodka" plus six more shots on the night she died, according to News Corp.

Badung Police precinct chief Budi Setiawan said Simmonds began vomiting before she fainted and became unconscious at Peppers Seminyak villas.

Her sister and a friend performed CPR and called the hotel's reception for a doctor.

Peppers Sentosa / PR IMAGE

"Her pulse became weak," Setiawan said. "The victim's face and lips turned blue."

He said a doctor arrived shortly after midnight but was unable to revive Simmonds.

North Kuta police chief Pius Pebri Aceng Loda told News Corp it was believed that Simmonds died as a result of alcohol poisoning.

“We are still waiting for an autopsy," Loda said. "We need to do an autopsy to find the cause of death."

Kimberly Fuller/Facebook

The investigation is ongoing.

Gina Rushton is a breaking news reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney.

Contact Gina Rushton at

Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.