4. Or there can be too many of them
Woodchester Mansion in Gloucestershire has at least a dozen ghosts, including a phantom horseman, little girl and old woman, another ghost in the cellar, a floating head, and the Tall Man of the Chapel. It’d be like living in a hostel.
11. Some have ghosts who’ll try to swindle you out of money
At the Haunch of Vension, Wiltshire, a Whist player is occasionally visible in the bar. He had been found to be cheating at cards, and a butcher chopped off the stranger’s hand as he held the five aces. The mummified hand was preserved in a box. It’s still there, in the fireplace.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of conning Hillary Clinton in a Twitter rant Friday morning.
- World leaders hailed the legacy of former Israeli statesman Shimon Peres at his state funeral in Jerusalem.
- Anti-mafia police in Naples have recovered two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen in Amsterdam 14 years ago.