If you've ever read or watched interviews with your favourite bands, you'll be used to their tendency to exaggerate and spin. After all, they've got records to sell.
So here's a translation guide to help you understand what your favourite band means when they say their new record is "the best we've ever done":
1. We're happy to be here!
2. That's a great question!
3. We think this is the best record we've made yet!
4. We don't feel we accomplished all we could with our last album
5. This sounds more like our older material than our last album
6. We're at the peak of our creativity.
7. We're in complete control of our sound.
8. We've really expanded our sonic palette.
9. Lyrically, it's very mature. We've been reading a lot of great books lately.
10. You just have to keep evolving.
11. This is a new direction for us.
12. We don't want to make something radio-friendly.
13. Some of our fans who have been with us since the beginning may think this is an interesting step for us
14. We've parted ways with our [band member] due to creative differences.
15. It was amicable.
16. Joining this major label was the right move for us, we hope our fans agree.
17. We're completely surprised that our song was used in that car commercial!
18. We can't wait to play these new songs live.
19. We're very excited to play in [your country]. [Your country] is a special place to us.
20. Our nationwide tour starts soon!
21. Oh no, our time's up?
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!