Last night, Idaho Public Television hosted the first and only Republican gubernatorial debate featuring incumbent Butch Otter, who is being challenged by State Senator Russ Fulcher and political newcomers Walt Bayes and Harley Brown.
Here are nine highlights.
1. When Harley Brown assured people that he is not crazy.
2. When Walt Bayes said he went to jail for homeschooling his children.
3. When Brown compared bikers to Playboy bunnies.
4. At one point, Bayes, read a lengthy portion of the Bible as a response to a question about marriage for same-sex couples.
5. This explanation about the expansiveness of Brown’s jokes.
6. Brown’s explanation of his political style.
7. This ridiculous joke about Democrats.
8. When Bayes thanked everyone for letting him and Brown — whom he called an “un-normal person” — for inviting them to the debate.
Brown mumbled under his breath: “What do you mean?”
9. The moderator’s reaction after Bayes finished his closing remarks, which included a passionate argument about nuclear energy.
Here is the full video of the debate:
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 159 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.