Last night, Idaho Public Television hosted the first and only Republican gubernatorial debate featuring incumbent Butch Otter, who is being challenged by State Senator Russ Fulcher and political newcomers Walt Bayes and Harley Brown.
Here are nine highlights.
1. When Harley Brown assured people that he is not crazy.
2. When Walt Bayes said he went to jail for homeschooling his children.
3. When Brown compared bikers to Playboy bunnies.
4. At one point, Bayes, read a lengthy portion of the Bible as a response to a question about marriage for same-sex couples.
5. This explanation about the expansiveness of Brown’s jokes.
6. Brown’s explanation of his political style.
7. This ridiculous joke about Democrats.
8. When Bayes thanked everyone for letting him and Brown — whom he called an “un-normal person” — for inviting them to the debate.
Brown mumbled under his breath: “What do you mean?”
9. The moderator’s reaction after Bayes finished his closing remarks, which included a passionate argument about nuclear energy.
Here is the full video of the debate:
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.