6. You’re actually shaping lives.
Though instructing a little girl on how to make a notecard to send home to her parents or making jokes at a meal may seem trivial, the campers soak in every bit of your being. You have the ability to instill positive body images, outlandish dreams, and pure happiness in the campers.
13. Girl Power Girl Power Girl Power
Camp is the one place where you can say “I don’t know what the word boyfriend means” and have little girls believe you. At summer camp, girls learn that they don’t need a man to change a lightbulb, catch a spider, fix a leaky sink, or do anything really. The six-year-olds might not be completely independent, but they get to learn and watch as the older girls take on daunting tasks that in regular society would most likely be done by their fathers or brothers.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃