1. 1980: Ken Morrow, New York Islanders
Many say that the playoff beard tradition started in 1980. Denis Potvin, of the Islanders, said it came organically. The team would “play four games in five nights in the first round and it was just something that kind of happened.”
In the end it doesn’t matter how good your beard is, it just matters that try…BECAUSE IT’S THE CUP!
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀