30 Ways To Make Your Tiny Apartment Look Less Boring
Brighten up your small living space with velvet couches, macrame wall art, and more home decor.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Hang up a light curtain to turn your typically dark room into a glowing, "I'm ready to chill" sanctuary.
2. Place your green baby in a butt planter that'll be ~booty-full~ for your floating shelf or windowsill.
3. Angle a convertible futon to create a cozy reading corner. It'll help make your living room look a little more spacious and give you an excuse to catch up on a juicy bestseller.
4. Arrange clothes, shoes, and accessories with a space-saving garment rack. You can easily access your wardrobe essentials *and* creatively show off your style at the same time.
5. Add a cheeky mat to your entryway because you can properly greet guests and creatively hide the dull, scratched-up floor next to your door.
6. Read door configurations, tile patterns, and more interior design diagrams if you're thinking about an apartment update. Sometimes a little bedding refresh could go a long way.
7. Stash vino bottles in this wine-shaped organizer instead of cramming them into a cabinet. Hosting virtual happy hour? Get ready for the compliments to roll in.
8. Make a mirror display above your loveseat or kitchen-meets-dining area. You can finally use that bare wall for something interesting and not take up precious square footage.
9. Set up a hammock chair indoors if you don't have a balcony or backyard. You can still nap, read a book, and sip coffee in this comfy and living room-friendly gem.
10. Showcase your fave art prints, postcards, and photos with a DIY gallery wall. Whether you prefer a line, eclectic, or floor-to-ceiling display, there's an arrangement that'll accentuate your living space.
11. Layer a reversible comforter on your sheets, so you can change up your bedding with minimal effort. Plus, this set will make your tiny sleep sanctuary ~bloom~ with color.
12. Frame an art print (or two) that'll look lovely above your desk, especially if you want to create a relaxing WFH zone.
13. Nestle novels in between eye-catching bookends if you ~need a hand~ with book organization and want to show off your fave reads.
14. Trade your bulky table for a small turntable stand, so you can play music, show off vinyls, and stash vintage cassettes in a cool spot.
15. Illuminate a dreary corner with a spiral lamp that's unique and space-friendly. This beauty looks like it came straight out of a magazine and will look amazing by an armchair or loveseat.
16. Maximize your living space with nesting tables you can keep together or apart. They'll also be really handy if you need to light a candle or sip tea while you binge-watch TV.
17. Give your bedroom a boho update with macrame wall art. It'll brighten up unused wall space above your headboard, desk, or dresser.
18. Prop a ladder shelf against a hallway wall that typically goes unnoticed. You'll instantly have more storage space and get to display your mini "library" filled with books, trinkets, and other knickknacks.
19. Work with a focal point in the living room and kitchen for easy decorating. Use a painting, light fixture, or wall to be the ~center of attention~ in seating areas.
20. Suspend a hanging basket from the ceiling, so you can show off a cascade of garden herbs, fresh-picked fruit, and recipe books in your small kitchen.
21. Cover your bathroom window with iridescent privacy film for a gorgeous stained glass effect. Your neighbors *don't* need to catch a view of you brushing your teeth or singing in the shower.
22. Conceal your dull floors with a colorful rug that looks like a piece of art *and* is super soft on your feet.
23. Lay out geometric jewelry trays on your coffee table or dresser. They'll work great for earrings, car keys, and your fave hot beverage.
24. Mount minimal hooks to your entryway wall, so you can have a chic spot for coats, keys, and hanging plants.
25. Consider budget-friendly retailers for your apartment refresh. One BuzzFeeder recently updated their bedroom and found affordable artwork, sheets, and artificial plants at Ikea.
26. Nail a gorgeous moon garland by your apartment window nook. You can watch sunlight reflect off this beauty while you read, text friends, or sip your morning latte.
27. Transform your apartment into a "garden" with a beautiful gold terrarium. It comes with artificial succulents inside, so you can still be a plant parent without worrying about wilting or lack of sunlight.
28. Brighten up your blah couch with a floral accent pillow. This baby comes in a bunch of colors and it'll make your fave seating area a little more cozy.
29. Toss remotes, chargers, blankets, and other couch essentials into patterned storage baskets. These patterned bins will help you reduce clutter *and* make your living room more cheery.
30. Set up mermaid-inspired sink accessories in your bathroom. You may not have the space for a big vanity, but this tiny set will add a subtle shimmer to your counter.
Your friends when they see your newly decorated crib:
Reviews here have been edited for length and/or clarity.